- The report contains detailed information about Canal Plus SAS that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canal Plus SAS. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canal Plus SAS financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canal Plus SAS competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canal Plus SAS business.
About Canal Plus SAS
Canal Plus SA (Canal + or the company) began operations in 1984. The Company engages in pay television business in Europe. The Company produces and broadcasts Canal + premium channel.
Canal + now comprises only the French pay-TV channels production and broadcasting activities. It owns the subscriber base and related assets, rights to which have been transferred to Canal +DISTRIBUTION.
The Company features exclusive, original, creative programming focused mainly on recently released, first-run movies and major sports events.
FIRST RUN MOVIES
Canal +broadcasts more than 400 films annually, of which 80% are TV premieres and 48% will never be shown on another over-the-air channel. Canal + promotes cinematographic diversity, scheduling all types of movies from around the world. Whether a box office hit or an auteur film, all productions are aired in their entirety, without commercial breaks and in the original language version. Each movie is shown seven times over a period of three weeks on the premium channel (four weeks on each multiplex channel), with an eighth subtitled broadcast for the hearing-impaired.
Major sports events are the other core component of the Canal +concept. The channel offers exclusive broadcasts of French League 1 matches, as well as Champions League play, English, Spanish and Italian championship matches, the UEFA Cup, French women s and junior soccer and other events.
With a savvy dose of pertinence and irreverence, information and humor, creativity and talent, Canal +adds a magic touch to its documentaries, dramas, sitcoms and short subjects. The channel is also known for exceptional documentaries, such as LES AILES DE LA NATURE (the follow up to WINGED MIGRATION), sitcoms like 24, THAT S MY BUSH! and SPIN CITY, and original, hit shows like H, with Jamel Debbouzze and LA FAMILLE GUERIN, with François Cluzet.
In the cartoon segment, the spotlight is given to witty characters, such as THE SIMPSONS, who spent their 13th season on Canal + in 2002. Lastly, short subjects are highlighted in MIDNIGHT+, hosted by Noël Godin.
Canal +is also a news channel, with incisive, straightforward reporting. Canal + also airs unscrambled programs accessible to all TV viewers.
FOUR TIMES MORE CHOICE
Since 1996, Canal +has also offered digital service. Viewers can select any Canal +program à la carte from four channels: Canal +, Canal + JAUNE (dedicated to movies), Canal +BLEU (the premium channel plus more shows, series, drama, etc.), and Canal +VERT (live, time-delayed and preview broadcasts of major sports events).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANAL PLUS SAS COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANAL PLUS SAS BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANAL PLUS SAS SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANAL PLUS SAS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANAL PLUS SAS COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canal Plus SAS Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canal Plus SAS and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canal Plus SAS and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canal Plus SAS Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canal Plus SAS Industry Position Analysis
6. CANAL PLUS SAS NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANAL PLUS SAS EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANAL PLUS SAS ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANAL PLUS SAS IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANAL PLUS SAS PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANAL PLUS SAS VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canal Plus SAS Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canal Plus SAS Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canal Plus SAS Major Shareholders
Canal Plus SAS History
Canal Plus SAS Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canal Plus SAS Offices and Representations
Canal Plus SAS SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canal Plus SAS Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canal Plus SAS Capital Market Snapshot
Canal Plus SAS Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Canal Plus SAS Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canal Plus SAS Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canal Plus SAS Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canal Plus SAS 1-year Stock Charts
Canal Plus SAS 5-year Stock Charts
Canal Plus SAS vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canal Plus SAS vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canal Plus SAS Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?