- The report contains detailed information about Cablevision Systems Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cablevision Systems Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cablevision Systems Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cablevision Systems Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cablevision Systems Corporation business.
About Cablevision Systems Corporation
Cablevision Systems Corporation, through its subsidiary, CSC Holdings, Inc., owns and operates cable television systems.
CSC Holdings is a cable operator in the United States. The company also operates cable programming networks, entertainment businesses, telecommunications companies, and a newspaper publishing business. As of December 31, 2009, the company served approximately 3.1 million basic video subscribers in and around the New York City metropolitan area. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Rainbow Media Holdings LLC (Rainbow Media Holdings), the company has ownership interests in companies that produce and distribute national entertainment and regional news programming services, and a cable television advertising sales business. Through Cablevision Lightpath, Inc. (Optimum Lightpath), its wholly-owned subsidiary, the company provides telephone services and high-speed Internet access to the business market. In addition, the company owns approximately 97.2% of Newsday LLC which operates a newspaper publishing business.
Through December 31, 2009, the company classified its business interests into four segments: Telecommunications Services; Rainbow; Newsday; and Madison Square Garden.
The Telecommunications Services segment includes its cable television business, including its video, high-speed data, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) operations and the operations of the commercial high-speed data and voice services provided by Optimum Lightpath.
The companys cable television systems offer varying packages of service marketed under the Optimum and iO brand names, which may include, among other programming, local broadcast network affiliates and independent television stations, certain other news, information, and entertainment channels, such as CNN, CNBC, ESPN, and MTV, and certain premium services, such as HBO, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz!/Encore, and Cinemax. The company also offers iO-branded digital video service, which enables customers to receive video on demand and subscription video on demand services, as well as additional viewing channels.
The company also provides high-speed data services using its cable television broadband network. High-speed data services are provided to customers through a cable modem device. The high-speed data service, marketed as Optimum Online, served approximately 2.6 million subscribers as of December 31, 2009.
In addition, the company offers VoIP technology services to its Optimum Online subscribers, marketed as Optimum Voice. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided Optimum Voice services to approximately 2.1 million customers.
Through Optimum Lightpath, a business broadband service provider, the company provides telecommunications services to the business market in the greater New York City metropolitan area. Optimum Lightpath provides converged data, Internet and voice solutions to mid-sized and large businesses, hospital systems, municipalities, and school systems. As of December 31, 2009, Optimum Lightpath serviced 3,800 buildings. Optimum Lightpath has built a fiber optic network extending approximately 3,900 route miles (203,000 fiber miles) throughout the New York City metropolitan area.
Subscriber Rates and Services
The companys cable television systems offer a government mandated broadcast basic level of service, which generally includes local over-the-air broadcast stations, such as network affiliates (ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX), and public, educational or governmental channels.
All of its cable television systems also offer an expanded basic package of services, generally marketed as Family Cable, which includes, among other programming, news, information, entertainment, and sports channels, such as CNN, AMC, CNBC, Discovery, ESPN, and the Disney Channel. For additional charges, its cable television systems provide premium services, such as HBO, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cablevision Systems Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cablevision Systems Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cablevision Systems Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cablevision Systems Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cablevision Systems Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cablevision Systems Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cablevision Systems Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cablevision Systems Corporation Major Shareholders
Cablevision Systems Corporation History
Cablevision Systems Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cablevision Systems Corporation Offices and Representations
Cablevision Systems Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cablevision Systems Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cablevision Systems Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Cablevision Systems Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Cablevision Systems Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cablevision Systems Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cablevision Systems Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cablevision Systems Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Cablevision Systems Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Cablevision Systems Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cablevision Systems Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cablevision Systems Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?