- The report contains detailed information about British Sky Broadcasting Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for British Sky Broadcasting Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The British Sky Broadcasting Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes British Sky Broadcasting Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc business.
About British Sky Broadcasting Group plc
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc provides pay television services in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company commissions and acquires programming to broadcast on its own channels. It supplies certain of those channels to cable operators for retransmission to their subscribers in the U.K. and Ireland.
The company retails channels (both its own and third parties) to DTH customers and certain of own channels to a limited number of DSL subscribers. It also makes three of its channels available free-to-air via the U.K. DTT platform, as part of the branded Freeview offering. As of June 30, 2009, there were 9,442,000 DTH customers to the companys television service, and 4,271,000 subscribers of the cable operators to whom it supplies certain of its channels, in the U.K. and Ireland.
The company provides customers with a range of programming options. It also has the rights to market the television services of third parties to DTH customers.
The company owns, operates, distributes, and retails 26 Sky Channels via its DTH service. It also simulcasts some of the Sky Channels or programming from of the Sky Channels in high definition. The company retails to DTH customers 159 Sky Distributed Channels (including multiplex versions of certain channels) (the Sky Distributed Channels). In addition to the Sky Distributed Channels, the company retails to DTH customers the digital audio services Music Choice and Music Choice Extra, as well as the Sky Box Office service (a pay-per-view service offering movies, sporting events and concerts).
The company also offers Sky Box Office to all DTH customers. On the DTH platform, the Sky Premium Channels, the Sky Basic Channels (other than Sky News), Sky Box Office, Music Choice, Music Choice Extra and the Sky Distributed Channels are encrypted in order to limit access to paying customers only. VM carries versions of the Sky Basic and Sky Premium Channels (including multiplex channels) on its networks.
The company also broadcasts versions of three of the Sky Channels, Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky Three, unencrypted free-to-air through DTT in the U.K. as part of the Freeview offering.
The company also operates a high definition TV (HD) service which consists of Sky1 HD, Sky Arts 1 HD, Sky Arts 2 HD, Sky Real Lives HD, Sky Box Office HD (two screens), Sky Sports HD (three channels) and Sky Movies HD (nine screens), The Biography Channel HD, Crime and Investigation Network HD, Discovery HD, Disney Cinemagic HD, Eurosport HD, FX HD, History HD, MTVN HD, National Geographic HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Sci-Fi HD, and Rush HD.
The company holds equity interests in ventures that own 21 of the Sky Distributed Channels (including certain Premium Sky Distributed Channels) which are operated and distributed in the U.K. namely Attheraces, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. 2, Nicktoons, Nicktoonsters, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic HD, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Wild HD, Chelsea TV, MUTV, Comedy Central, Comedy Central Extra, The History Channel, Military History, The History Channel HD, The Biography Channel, The Biography Channel HD, Crime and Investigation Network, and Crime and Investigation Network HD. The company also has a 33.33% equity interest in the venture operating the Sky News Australia Channel, which is based in Australia.
Sky Premium Channels
Sky Movies channels
Sky Movies features 10 channels of different genres, such as Sky Movies Comedy, Sky Movies Family, Sky Movies Classics, Sky Movies Modern Greats, Sky Movies Screen 1, Sky Movies Action/Thriller, Sky Movies Sci-Fi/Horror, Sky Movies Indie, Sky Movies Drama, and Sky Movies Screen 2.
Sky Movies Comedy, Family, Classics, Modern Greats, Action/Thriller, Screen 1 and Screen 2 and Drama broadcast 24-hours per day, and seven days a week. Sky Movies Sci-Fi/Horror broadcasts from 8am - 6am, seven days a week and Sky Movies Indie broadcasts from 9am - 5.30am seven days a week. The channels principally broadcast the output of recent release movies, made for video and made for TV movies and certain library movies by Hollywood and independent U.S. and European licensors
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BRITISH SKY BROADCASTING GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Major Shareholders
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc History
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Offices and Representations
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?