- The report contains detailed information about Xyratex Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Xyratex Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Xyratex Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Xyratex Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Xyratex Ltd. business.
About Xyratex Ltd.
Xyratex Ltd. provides enterprise-class data storage solutions and storage process technology. The company designs, develops, and manufactures enabling technology that provides its customers with data storage products to support storage and data communication networks.
The company operates in two business segments, Networked Storage Solutions (NSS) and Storage Infrastructure (SI).
The company designs, develops, and manufactures data storage solutions. Its storage subsystems comprise modules, such as its storage controllers and disk drive enclosures, and support a range of high-speed communication technologies and cost and performance specifications. Its hard disk drive (HDD) and solid state drive (SSD) based storage subsystems support a range of high-speed communication technologies. The companys products are generally targeted at the mid-range and enterprise markets.
The companys focus areas include strategic alliances and partnerships with organizations such as the Storage Bridge Bay (SBB) working group, the SCSI Trade Association (STA), the Storage Network Industry Association (SNIA), the Green Grid, and the International Disk Drive Equipment and Materials Association (IDEMA). The company operates partnerships with key suppliers both of technology and manufacturing services.
The companys products provide the high speed digital interfaces to multiple disk drives using Fibre Channel (FC), SAS, and SATA technologies. These interfaces are provided with redundancy and improved diagnostic capabilities ensuring system availability even during maintenance. The products that the company provides to OEMs are typically referred to as JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) subsystems. It further refines the JBOD designation as SBOD (Switched Bunch of Disks) and EBOD (Expandable Bunch of Disks) subsystems.
The companys OneStor family of products complies with the SBB Version 2 specification and incorporates dynamic cooling, power, and modularity, allowing it and its OEM customers to create a range of storage solutions with re-use of design and components. It provides failsafe/redundant power, interconnects, cooling, and serviceability. In 2009, the company completed production release of three OneStor configurations, including its first Small Form Factor (SFF) enclosure. Its products, including OneStor and its legacy 3U and 4U platforms, support 12, 14, 16, 24, and 48 disk drive configurations.
The companys application storage systems integrate extended ATX (EATX) or Storage Bridge Bay (SBB) motherboards inside a storage enclosure integrated with the necessary device drivers, BIOS, and server and enclosure management software modules to fulfill many different storage application requirements. Various network connections can be integrated into the storage enclosures to address the requirements of the healthcare, video, IP storage, data deduplication, and cloud storage markets.
The companys storage subsystems are internally managed by a range of firmware modules and features. These firmware modules can monitor the internal performance of the subsystem, create internal environments, communicate independently with remote service, support organizations, and integrate with its customers' controlling software and management technology through interfaces.
The company also provides RAID technology to protect users from failure of disk drives. Its RAID technology provides solutions with a range of features, including RAID 6 (the ability to deliver data even with two concurrent disk drive faults). Its products include its F6500 SBB-based RAID controller which supports its OneStor family of products. These products are SAN 'solutions' particularly suited to sell to vertical-focused OEMs who do not have their own RAID data protected controllers.
The companys SI product portfolio includes process, inspection, and test equipment utilized in disk drive head fabrication, disk drive substrate, and media manufacturing and disk drive final assembly and test. The company provides HDD production test equipment, media write equipment, media cleaning systems, and media automation.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. XYRATEX LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. XYRATEX LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. XYRATEX LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. XYRATEX LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. XYRATEX LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Xyratex Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Xyratex Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Xyratex Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Xyratex Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Xyratex Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. XYRATEX LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. XYRATEX LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. XYRATEX LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. XYRATEX LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. XYRATEX LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. XYRATEX LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Xyratex Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Xyratex Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Xyratex Ltd. Major Shareholders
Xyratex Ltd. History
Xyratex Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Xyratex Ltd. Offices and Representations
Xyratex Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Xyratex Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Xyratex Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Xyratex Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Xyratex Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Xyratex Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Xyratex Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Xyratex Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Xyratex Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Xyratex Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Xyratex Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Xyratex Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?