- The report contains detailed information about Western Digital Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Western Digital Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Western Digital Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Western Digital Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Western Digital Corp. business.
About Western Digital Corp.
Western Digital Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of hard drives. Its hard drives are main components of computers, including desktop and notebook computers (PCs), data storage subsystems, and consumer electronic (CE) devices.
The company also designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solid-state drives and media players. It sells solid-state drives worldwide to OEMs and distributors for use in the embedded systems and client PC markets. The company offers media players worldwide to resellers and retailers under the WD brand.
The company offers a line of hard drives designed for various markets. It markets its hard drives under brand names including WD Caviar, WD RE, WD VelociRaptor, WD Scorpio, WD Elements, WD AV, WD ShareSpace, WD S25, My Passport, My Book, and My DVR Expander. These hard drives service the desktop PC, mobile PC, enterprise, CE and external hard drive markets, and can be found in products including desktop computers, notebook computers, enterprise storage, server, workstations, video surveillance equipment, networking products, DVRs, STBs and external storage appliances. The company also offers a line of WD-branded media players under the WD TV brand name, as well as a line of solid-state drives under the SiliconDrive and SiliconEdge brand names.
Desktop Hard Drive Products
The hard drives the company designs for the desktop PC market consist of 3.5-inch form factor products with capacities ranging from 80 GB to 2 TB. These products utilize either the EIDE or SATA interfaces. The type of EIDE interface used in its hard drives is ATA/100, which signifies a burst data transfer rate of 100 megabytes per second. The SATA interface available in the majority of its hard drives enables burst transfer rates of up to 6 gigabits (Gb) per second.
Mobile Hard Drive Products
The companys hard drives used in mobile products include 2.5-inch form factor products with capacities ranging from 80 GB to 1 TB.
Enterprise Hard Drive Products
The company offers multiple product lines to address enterprise market needs, including the WD S25 drive, which provides up to 300 GB of storage suitable for both enterprise server and enterprise storage applications, as well as data centers and large data arrays; the WD VelociRaptor drive, which is a 600 GB, 10,000 RPM, 2.5-inch enterprise-class drive with the SATA interface for enterprise applications; the WD RE family of drives, with capacities ranging from 160 GB to 2 TB.
WD S25, WD VelociRaptor and WD RE drives may be used in applications such as databases, e-commerce and super computing in life science, oil and gas, and similar industries, business records management, e-mail, file serving, Web serving, near-line storage, medical records, engineering data management, video broadcasting, and video security.
Consumer Electronics Products
The company offers a line of hard drives under the WD AV brand that are designed for use in products such as DVRs, STBs, karaoke systems, multi-function printers, and gaming systems. The company also offers low-power WD AV drive models that feature the WD GreenPower Technology.
The company sells a line of WD-branded hard drive-based storage appliances, which are internal drives embedded into PC peripheral-style enclosures that have USB 2.0, USB 3.0, external SATA, FireWire and Ethernet network connections and include software that assists customers with back up, remote access and management of digital content. These include the 3.5-inch hard drive-based My Book family of storage appliances, which are designed to reside on desktops as PC peripherals, as well as be connected to networks, and to simplify storage for mainstream consumers, and offer from 500 GB to 4 TB of capacity; the 3.5-inch My DVR Expander series of external SATA (eSATA) and USB 2.0 storage appliances, which adds recording time to STBs with DVR capability. In addition, My Book AV DVR Expander also allows for the transfer and storage of videos from certain camcorders; the WD ShareSpace network-attached storage system, which offers capacities as high as 8 TB for home office or small
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Western Digital Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Western Digital Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Western Digital Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Western Digital Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Western Digital Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTERN DIGITAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Western Digital Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Western Digital Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Western Digital Corp. Major Shareholders
Western Digital Corp. History
Western Digital Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Western Digital Corp. Offices and Representations
Western Digital Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Western Digital Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Western Digital Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Western Digital Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Western Digital Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Western Digital Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Western Digital Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Western Digital Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Western Digital Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Western Digital Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Western Digital Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Western Digital Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?