- The report contains detailed information about Vuzix Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vuzix Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vuzix Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vuzix Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vuzix Corporation business.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of devices that are worn like eyeglasses and feature built-in video screens that enable the user to view video and digital content, such as movies, computer data, the Internet, or video games.
The companys products (known commercially as Video Eyewear but also commonly referred to as virtual displays, wearable displays, personal viewers, head mounted displays, or near-to-eye displays) are used to view high-resolution video and digital information from mobile electronic devices, such as cell phones, portable media players, gaming systems, and laptop computers. The company produces both monocular and binocular Video Eyewear devices that are used in various mobile computer, mobile Internet devices (MID), or video viewing requirements, including general entertainment applications. The company focuses on two markets: the consumer markets for gaming and mobile video; and rugged mobile displays for defense and industrial applications. The company also offers low-vision assist Video Eyewear products that are designed to assist and improve the remaining vision of various people suffering from macular degeneration.
Binocular Video Eyewear Products
The companys binocular Video Eyewear products contain two microdisplays, a separate display for each eye, typically mounted in a frame attached to eyeglass style-temples. These products enable mobile and hands-free private viewing of video content on screens that simulate home theater-sized screens. Headphones are built into the temples so that users can listen to accompanying audio in stereo. They can be employed as mobile high-resolution displays with products, such as portable DVD players, laptop computers, MIDs, cellular phones with video output capability, and personal digital media/video players (video iPods).
For the consumer markets, the company produces four binocular Video Eyewear products, which support 3D applications. Each has a different apparent display size and native resolution. They are Wrap 230 QVGA (320x240 three-color pixels) resolution and simulating a 44-inch screen at 9 feet; Wrap 310 widescreen WQVGA (420x240 3-color pixels) resolution and simulating a 52-inch screen at 9 feet; Wrap 920 VGA (640x480 three-color pixels) resolution and simulating a 62-inch screen at 9 feet; and VR920 VGA (640x480 three-color pixels) resolution, simulating a 62-inch screen at 9 feet, designed to plug into a computers USB and video ports, and containing its proprietary 3 degrees of freedom head tracking technology, which enables the user to look around the environment being displayed by moving head. A microphone allows the user to communicate with others. The VR920 is compatible with approximately 80 titles that work with it out of the box, including games, such as Microsofts Flight Simulator X and World of Warcraft. The company has approximately 1700 software developers kits being used in applications from college research programs to commercial developers to develop additional titles for the VR920. With the addition of a clip-on camera which the company is tooling the VR920 can also used in AR applications.
The company sells its binocular products into the consumer marketplace under the brands iWear and Wrap. It also intends to sell its binocular products into the defense markets and has developed and delivered prototypes of a rugged version for marine applications. The company also intends to sell its binocular products for industrial applications from training and tools for maintenance and repair to interactive product design and development.
Monocular Video Eyewear Products
The companys Tac-Eye monocular (single eye) high-resolution Video Eyewear models are designed to clip onto a pair of ballistic sunglasses, a head set or conventional safety goggles. They can be used with rugged laptops, security and night vision cameras and thermal night vision sights, including those systems that the company acts as a sub-contractor of display drive electronics to the U.S. defense department. Tac-Eye enables users to have wearable, private, and hands-free access to high-res
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VUZIX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VUZIX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VUZIX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VUZIX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VUZIX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vuzix Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vuzix Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vuzix Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vuzix Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vuzix Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. VUZIX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VUZIX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VUZIX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VUZIX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VUZIX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VUZIX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vuzix Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vuzix Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vuzix Corporation Major Shareholders
Vuzix Corporation History
Vuzix Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vuzix Corporation Offices and Representations
Vuzix Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vuzix Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vuzix Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Vuzix Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Vuzix Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vuzix Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vuzix Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vuzix Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Vuzix Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Vuzix Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vuzix Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vuzix Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?