- The report contains detailed information about Videocon Industries Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Videocon Industries Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Videocon Industries Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Videocon Industries Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Videocon Industries Ltd. business.
About Videocon Industries Ltd.
Videocon Industries Limited engages in the manufacture, marketing, and distribution of consumer electronic products and home appliances, and oil and gas exploration and production.
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND HOME APPLIANCES BUSINESS
Consumer Electronic Products
The company manufactures colour TVs in India and distributes consumer electronic products and home appliances in India. The company, together with its Promoter Group Entities, manufactures, procures, distributes, markets, and sells products under the Videocon brand and under other licensed brands. It also manufactures finished goods on an OEM basis and components for third parties.
TVs: The company manufactures CRT TV in India. It sells CRT TVs produced at its own plants and at the plants of the Promoter Group Entities under the Videocon brand and other licensed brands. It also manufactures CRT TVs on an OEM basis for third parties. It offers approximately 80 colour TV models ranging from 14 inches to 29 inches, of which approximately 50 models are categorized as slim and true flat CRT TVs.
LCD TV: The company offers a range of LCD television models. Its products include features such as full HD 1080 resolution, High Definition Multimedia Interface, Picture in Picture features and picture quality improvement algorithm.
Home Entertainment Systems: The company offers a range of home entertainment products, including DVD/VCD players, home theatre equipment, and home audio products.
Components: In addition to finished TVs, the company manufactures TV components for its own models and for sale to third parties. In particular, it produces glass panels and funnels, the key components of a CRT TV.
Glass Shell (panels and funnels): The company manufactures glass panels and funnels for colour TVs in India. It also sells panels and funnels internationally to Europe, South east Asia and Russia. It offers a range of glass panels and funnels with sizes ranging from 14 inches to 29 inches. Its products include glass panels and funnels for true flat and slim CRTs.
The company sells refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners and a range of small domestic appliances, such as microwave ovens and water purifiers.
The company develops a diversified portfolio of brands that are intended to appeal to a range of customers in India. It also manufactures and sells certain other products in India under various other licensed brand names. It manufactures and markets refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners under the Electrolux brand.
The company sells glass directly to CRT manufacturers in India and overseas. Its domestic glass shell customers include major CRT manufacturers in India. It sells its CRTs in the international market to TV makers in Europe, China, and Turkey. It exports its products to overseas markets such as Middle East, Europe, Asia and Africa.
The companys major competitors in its Consumer Electronics and Home Appliances business include LG Electronics India Limited, Samsung India Electronics Private Limited, Sony India, and Mirc Electronics Limited.
OIL AND GAS BUSINESS
The companys principal oil and gas asset is its 25% participating interest in the Ravva Oil and Gas Field. The Ravva Oil and Gas Field produces crude using unmanned production platforms.
Other Oil Assets
The companys other oil assets include Block 56 in Oman; Block WA388P in Western Australia; Block JPDA 06103 in the Timor Sea; Offshore Oil Blocks in Brazil; Area 1 Offshore Rovuma Block in Mozambique; and Nunukan Block in Indonesia.
The company through its wholly owned subsidiary, Pipavav Energy Private Limited (PEPL) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of Gujarat (GoG) for establishing 2X300 MW Thermal Power Plant to be implemented in two phases in Village Nigala, Rajula Taluka, in district Amreli.
The companys subsidiary, Datacom Solutions Limited (Datacom) has a license to provide Unified Access Services (UAS) for twenty one circles in India.
Videocon Industries Limited was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Videocon Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Videocon Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Videocon Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Videocon Industries Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Videocon Industries Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Videocon Industries Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Videocon Industries Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Videocon Industries Ltd. Major Shareholders
Videocon Industries Ltd. History
Videocon Industries Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Videocon Industries Ltd. Offices and Representations
Videocon Industries Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Videocon Industries Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Videocon Industries Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Videocon Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Videocon Industries Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Videocon Industries Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Videocon Industries Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Videocon Industries Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Videocon Industries Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Videocon Industries Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Videocon Industries Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Videocon Industries Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?