- The report contains detailed information about UTStarcom, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UTStarcom, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UTStarcom, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UTStarcom, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UTStarcom, Inc. business.
About UTStarcom, Inc.
UTStarcom, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of IP-based telecommunications infrastructure products. The companys primary product suite include Internet Protocol TV (IPTV), and broadband solutions along with the ongoing services relating to the installation, operation and maintenance of these products. The majority of the companys sales are to service providers in China and India. It also sells to service providers in selective markets in Asia, Latin America, and Europe.
The companys segments include Multimedia Communications, Broadband Infrastructure, and Services.
MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT
This segment is responsible for the development and management of IPTV and related technologies (such as IP Signage) plus its core NGN software. The companys Personal Access System (PAS) infrastructure and wireless systems teams are also a part of this segment. The companys Multimedia Communications segment includes its IPTV, mSwitch and PAS solutions.
RollingStreamIPTV Solution: The companys IPTV system, RollingStream, includes both central office and customer premises equipment for delivering television and multimedia over carrier networks based on IP technology. The companys RollingStream products and services enable a service provider to deliver broadcast television and on-demand video services to residential and commercial premises over a switched network architecture.
The RollingStream product family includes a storage and streaming device (MediaStation), a device for combining different video signals onto a unified distribution system (Content Engine), a device residing at the user's home or place of business, and a network management system that enables system wide operation. RollingStream products have been designed to function over standard copper telephone lines as well as cable or optical transmission lines.
RollingStream is designed to allow carriers to offer new, revenue-generating television and multi-media services. The system is also designed to help providers attract customers of cable and satellite operators by offering a comprehensive and interactive suite of services. The companys customer deployments include China Telecom, China Unicom, Bharti Airtel, BSNL/Aksh, MTNL/Aksh, Sri Lanka Telecom, and Markwell.
mSwitchNGN & Softswitch Solution: The companys mSwitch is a flexible IP-based platform designed to provide voice communications over an IP network. The mSwitch product family supports three primary solutions: IP-based Personal Access System (iPAS) Wireless Local Service; Next Generation Network (NGN) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP); and Fixed Mobile Convergence.
mSwitch enables service providers to migrate from existing circuit platforms to a next generation IP-based switch architecture, or to launch new applications in Greenfield or new deployment environments that have no legacy infrastructure.
PASPersonal Access Solution: With the UTStarcom IP-Based PAS (iPAS) wireless access network, operators can migrate their wireline network to an IP-based PHS wireless network that provides wireless voice and data services within a city or community.
The companys customer is the Zhejiang Province in China. Its customers include local, regional, national and international telecommunications carriers, including broadband, cable, Internet, wireline, and wireless providers.
Specific competitors in this segment include Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco Systems, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Sonus Networks, Inc., and ZTE Corporation, Inc.
BROADBAND INFRASTRUCTURE BUSINESS UNIT
This segment is responsible for software and hardware products that enable end users to access wireline data, voice, and media communication. Its wireline technology enables voice, video and data transmissions over broadband IP-based networks. The companys Broadband Infrastructure segment includes digital subscriber line products, multi-service access node products and fiber optics products.
Broadband Access Products
Multi-Service Access Node: A Multi-Service Access Node (MSAN) offers a range of services, including IPTV, High-S
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UTSTARCOM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UTSTARCOM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UTSTARCOM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UTSTARCOM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UTSTARCOM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UTStarcom, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UTStarcom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UTStarcom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UTStarcom, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UTStarcom, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UTSTARCOM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UTSTARCOM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UTSTARCOM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UTSTARCOM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UTSTARCOM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UTSTARCOM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UTStarcom, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UTStarcom, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UTStarcom, Inc. Major Shareholders
UTStarcom, Inc. History
UTStarcom, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UTStarcom, Inc. Offices and Representations
UTStarcom, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UTStarcom, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UTStarcom, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
UTStarcom, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
UTStarcom, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UTStarcom, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UTStarcom, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UTStarcom, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
UTStarcom, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
UTStarcom, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UTStarcom, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UTStarcom, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?