- The report contains detailed information about Universal Detection Technology that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Detection Technology. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Detection Technology financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Detection Technology competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Detection Technology business.
About Universal Detection Technology
Universal Detection Technology engages in the research and development of bioterrorism detection devices. The company designs, manufactures, markets, and sells automated continuous air monitoring instruments used to detect and measure various types of air pollution, such as acid rain, ozone depletion, and smog episodes.
Products and Services
The company offers BSM-2000, designed to provide continuous unattended monitoring of airborne bacterial spores in public places, with automated alert functionality. The device is designed to detect an increase in the concentration of bacterial spores, which is indicative of a potential presence of Anthrax.
The companys BSM-2000 consists of four components, including an air sampler for aerosol capture, which collects aerosolized particles on a fiber tape; thermal lysis for releasing the dipicolinic acid from the spores; reagent delivery via syringe pump; and a lifetime gated luminescence detection of the terbium-dipicolinate complex.
The company also offers various products and services, including anthrax detection test kits; training courses for first responders; event security; threat evaluation and consulting; radiation detection systems; anti-microbial products; and DVDs to provide information and training regarding combating terrorism, and managing emergency situations. It supplies bioterrorism detection kits capable of detecting anthrax, ricin, botulinum, plague, and SEBs, radiation detection systems, and counter-terrorism training references.
The company competes with Cepheid.
On December 08, 2010, Universal Detection Technology announced that it has entered into a joint relationship with Powdersafe Pty Ltd., whereby a new breakthrough product has emerged from combination of the two companies' products. The new system would allow facilities, such as mailrooms to test suspicious powders, such as suspected anthrax letters, without exposure to harmful substances.
Universal Detection Technology was founded in 1971.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Detection Technology Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Detection Technology and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Detection Technology and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Detection Technology Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Detection Technology Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL DETECTION TECHNOLOGY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Detection Technology Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Detection Technology Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Detection Technology Major Shareholders
Universal Detection Technology History
Universal Detection Technology Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Detection Technology Offices and Representations
Universal Detection Technology SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Detection Technology Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Detection Technology Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Detection Technology Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Universal Detection Technology Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Detection Technology Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Detection Technology Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Detection Technology 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Detection Technology 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Detection Technology vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Detection Technology vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Detection Technology Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?