- The report contains detailed information about Tekelec that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tekelec. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tekelec financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tekelec competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tekelec business.
Tekelec engages in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, sale, and support of telecommunications network systems and software applications. The company offers signaling telecommunications products and services, network performance management technology, business intelligence, and value-added applications. Its customers primarily consist of network service providers.
Network Signaling Software and Systems
The company offers network software and systems that solve both signaling and business challenges faced by its customers. The companys signaling systems and software are installed in eight wireless operators worldwide. The company's customer base includes mobile and wireline operators in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. The company launched EAGLE XG, a signaling and network applications platform.
The companys principal signaling network software and systems include its EAGLE 5 and EAGLE XG Product Families, which provide global signaling and session control for real-time, transaction-based applications in core network configurations. Applications integrated with the platform provide the delivery of intelligent routing and other value-added services.
The companys EAGLE 5 Product Family provides global signaling and real-time, transaction-based applications from a single platform. The same platform delivers signal transfer point (STP) capabilities and a portfolio of integrated applications. The following applications are available on its EAGLE 5 platform:
Number Portability: The company offers STP number portability (NP) solutions. Tekelec has a portfolio covering global solutions for mobile, fixed, and cable networks and intra-carrier number retention. Tekelec solves the number portability problem for voice, short message service (SMS), multimedia message service (MMS), and prepaid calls with triggered and triggerless solutions. The companys number portability solution is deployed by 97 service providers in 33 countries around the world.
Flexible Routing Applications: Tekelec provides solutions that optimize a service provider's Home Location Register (HLR), Equipment Identity Register (EIR), and voice mail redirection.
The companys EAGLE XG Product Family offers a portfolio of products to support IMS and IP architectures and the transition to IMS- or other IP-based networks. The company also offers core session control for SIP-based or other IP-based networks. The companys solution enables service providers to gradually migrate to an all-IP platform at the signaling layer.
SIP Signaling Router (SSR): This solution provides routing in a network. The SSR supports number portability in a SIP domain. The SSR is in the early stages of market acceptance.
Call Session Control Function (CSCF): The CSCF function provides session control and quality-of-service solution for subscribers accessing IP multimedia services. This solution is designed to support SIP-signaling and session control in core IMS networks, enabling multiple multimedia services.
Electronic Number Mapping (ENUM) - The convergence of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) with IP networks requires a new type of number portability with the ability to map telephone numbers to IP addresses. This new number portability, or translation, is known as ENUM.
Service Broker: This application coordinates and mediates different services, such as pre-paid, number portability, and corrective dialing residing in multiple network elements. Service Broker solutions bridge technologies between IP and generations of mobile and fixed networks to enable unified service delivery across SS7- and SIP-based networks. The Service Broker solution is in the early stages of market acceptance.
Next Generation Database (XGDB): The XGDB aggregates service, device, and network data at the network layer and then normalizes this data from various sources, such as NP reference data, ENUM, registries, network routing data, and customer provisioning systems into a centralized database. This solution is in the early stages of market acceptance.
Performance Management a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TEKELEC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TEKELEC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TEKELEC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TEKELEC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TEKELEC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tekelec Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tekelec and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tekelec and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tekelec Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tekelec Industry Position Analysis
6. TEKELEC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TEKELEC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TEKELEC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TEKELEC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TEKELEC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TEKELEC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tekelec Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tekelec Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tekelec Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tekelec Offices and Representations
Tekelec SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tekelec Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tekelec Capital Market Snapshot
Tekelec Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Tekelec Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tekelec Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tekelec Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tekelec 1-year Stock Charts
Tekelec 5-year Stock Charts
Tekelec vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tekelec vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tekelec Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?