- The report contains detailed information about Symmetricom Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Symmetricom Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Symmetricom Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Symmetricom Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Symmetricom Inc. business.
About Symmetricom Inc.
Symmetricom, Inc. supplies timing and synchronization hardware, software and services. The company also provides perceptual video quality monitoring solutions for triple-play voice, data, and digital video.
The company sells its solutions to communication service providers, government agencies, enterprises, and research facilities. Its products include atomic frequency references, such as rubidium and cesium oscillators; hydrogen masers; GPS time and frequency receivers, as well as time and frequency distribution systems; network management software; video quality monitoring solutions, and professional services.
The company is organized into five segments that are with in two divisions: Telecom Solutions Division, which consists of Wireline Products, Wireless/OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Products, Quality of Experience Assurance Products, and Global Services; and Timing, Test and Measurement Division.
TELECOM SOLUTIONS DIVISION
Telecom Solutions Division offers a suite of timing and synchronization products. Products include primary reference sources; edge clocks and distribution products for synchronization outside the network core; Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS) and Sync Supply Unit (SSU) for the central office; network management and monitoring software; and synchronization subsystems for OEM integration. Its product portfolio also includes a suite of PackeTime technologies, such as IEEE 1588 (PTP), NTP and Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) Timing Interface, addressing the timing and synchronization needs for next-generation networks (NGN). Symmetricom holds patents in control algorithms for deployments utilizing the Global Positioning System (GPS), DOCSIS Timing Interface (DTI) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA).
The Wireless/OEM segment serves the wireless market with synchronization and timing components and sub-system (module) products that are foundational to the operation of certain types of cellular base stations. The company builds a portfolio of precise time and frequency solutions to address the growing synchronization requirements of all layers of existing circuit switched network and packet networks.
The Quality of Experience Assurance segment provides a perceptual quality monitoring solution that enables carriers, Internet service providers and cable multi-service operators (MSOs) to understand actual video service quality, in real time, as experienced by end-users. Symmetricom targets telecommunications carriers and cable operators to monitor IP-based video service offerings.
Global Services segment provides services for Symmetricoms product lines.
TIMING, TEST AND MEASUREMENT DIVISION
Timing, Test and Measurement Division provides precision time and frequency instruments and reference standards for government and enterprise markets. Government markets include the aerospace, defense, metrology and timekeeping sectors. Products include synchronized clocks, network time servers, network time displays, time code generators, computer plug-in cards, primary reference standards, such as rubidium and cesium oscillator standards, and ruggedized crystal oscillators, and custom Time & Frequency systems. Customer applications include synchronization of communication networks, synchronization of computer networks, reference timing for radar, ranging, fire-control and other defense electronic systems, calibration of lab equipment, GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), and subsystem master timing. During early 2009, the division continued to emphasize government program business in secure mobile, satellite, and wireline communications, as well as other defense platform upgrades, including destroyers, submarines, and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Key customers of the division included Boeing, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, General Dynamics, BAE, L3, DISA and various military procurement and service agencies. New products include Rubidium oscillator (XPRO), a new 1588 enabled transparent switch (TC100), a new Syncserver that is equipped with a SAASM GPS receiver, a new higher frequency low phase nois
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYMMETRICOM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYMMETRICOM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYMMETRICOM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYMMETRICOM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYMMETRICOM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Symmetricom Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Symmetricom Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Symmetricom Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Symmetricom Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Symmetricom Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYMMETRICOM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYMMETRICOM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYMMETRICOM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYMMETRICOM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYMMETRICOM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYMMETRICOM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Symmetricom Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Symmetricom Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Symmetricom Inc. Major Shareholders
Symmetricom Inc. History
Symmetricom Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Symmetricom Inc. Offices and Representations
Symmetricom Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Symmetricom Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Symmetricom Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Symmetricom Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Symmetricom Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Symmetricom Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Symmetricom Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Symmetricom Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Symmetricom Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Symmetricom Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Symmetricom Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Symmetricom Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?