- The report contains detailed information about Spectris plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spectris plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spectris plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spectris plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spectris plc business.
About Spectris plc
Spectris plc engages in the development and marketing of precision instrumentation and controls. Its products help customers to improve product performance, increase productivity and yield and reduce downtime. Spectris operates in Europe, U.S., and Asia Pacific region, principally in China, Eastern Europe, Mexico, and India.
The Company''s subsidiaries include Arcom Control Systems Limited; Loma Systems Limited; Malvern Instruments Limited; Servomex Group Limited; Spectris China Limited; Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S; Brüel & Kjær Vibro A/S; Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH; Spectris Company Limited (Japan); BTG Eclépens SA; PANalytical BV; Beta LaserMike, Inc.; Fusion UV Systems, Inc.; Ircon, Inc.; Microscan Systems, Inc.; NDC Infrared Engineering, Inc.; Particle Measuring Systems, Inc.; Red Lion Controls, Inc.; and Spectris, Inc.
The companys businesses are grouped into three sectors: electronic controls, in-line instrumentation, and process technology.
The company through its Electronic Controls segment offers embedded processors, telemetry products, and industrial controls; digital measurement systems, transducers, and load cells; industrial barcode scanning and decoding equipment; and operator interfaces, signal conditioners, temperature controllers, counters, rate indicators, and panel meters.
Arcom Control Systems
Arcom Control Systems offers embedded processors, telemetry products and industrial controls. Arcom''s solutions are based on its embedded computer boards. It focuses on providing standard, modular solutions to machinery control needs and industrial communication. For telemetry applications, Arcom''s products can be configured to communicate and gather information from sensors and field devices and make this information available to corporate networks using internet protocol-based communication devices.
The principal products in the Arcom Control Systems product line include single board computers, rack-mounted bus-based systems and networking products for process, machine and embedded control within automated applications.
The Arcom Control Systems products are used in telecoms infrastructure monitoring, manufacturing plant, transportation systems, energy generation, oil/gas/water monitoring, avionics, printing, packaging, security and many other applications.
The principal products in the HBM product line include digital measurement systems, load cells and transducers. HBM provides measurement solutions for industrial and laboratory applications, including weight, force, pressure, torque, strain and displacement. Use of PC-based systems provides software analysis for various measurement tasks. Universal measurement amplifier systems can process analogue and digital signals simultaneously, enabling customers to access a major application spectrum.
The HBM product line also offers load cells, transducers, strain gauges, signal conditioning and data acquisition systems, weighing indicators, calibration devices, and functional test stands.
The HBM products are used in scales from 1kg up to hundred tons, power measurement in the automotive industry, stress measurement in structures and machines, monitoring tensile and compressive forces in manufacturing processes, weighing applications in chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries.
The principal products in the Microscan product line include industrial barcode scanning and decoding equipment. Microscan is a barcode scanning and decoding technology, delivering performance advantages to industrial users. The company''s applications engineers work directly with OEMs, systems integrators and end-users to configure products that fulfil precise requirements. Each product is compact, accurate and durable. Microscan also sets the industry standards for service programmes, extended warranties and on-site training.
The Microscan product line also includes fixed mount barcode scanning and decoding instruments.
The Microscan products are principally used in electronics, telecoms, clinical diagnostic analysers, pharmaceuticals, automated tape libraries,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPECTRIS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPECTRIS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPECTRIS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPECTRIS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPECTRIS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spectris plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spectris plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spectris plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spectris plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spectris plc Industry Position Analysis
6. SPECTRIS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPECTRIS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPECTRIS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPECTRIS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPECTRIS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPECTRIS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spectris plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spectris plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spectris plc Major Shareholders
Spectris plc History
Spectris plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spectris plc Offices and Representations
Spectris plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spectris plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spectris plc Capital Market Snapshot
Spectris plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Spectris plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spectris plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spectris plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spectris plc 1-year Stock Charts
Spectris plc 5-year Stock Charts
Spectris plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spectris plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spectris plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?