- The report contains detailed information about Smart Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smart Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smart Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smart Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smart Technologies Inc. business.
About Smart Technologies Inc.
SMART Technologies ULC designs, develops, and sells interactive technology products and solutions. The company sells its products and solutions in approximately 100 countries primarily in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
The company offers a range of interactive whiteboards and complementary products, as well as interactive touch-enabled display components. At the core of its education solution is the SMART education platform, which can change the way teachers teach and students learn and interact. The companys SMART education platform consists of the following three fundamental elements: a touch-sensitive SMART Board interactive whiteboard with integrated projector options; SMART Notebook software; and SMART Exchange, its online community and content-sharing platform.
At the core of its business and government solution is the SMART business platform, which is designed to enable users to collaborate with each other, whether they are located in a single meeting room or in meeting rooms around the world. The companys SMART business platform consists of the following three fundamental products: a touch-sensitive SMART Board interactive whiteboard with integrated projector options; a SMART Hub appliance; and SMART Meeting Pro software.
The company complements its core platforms with a selection of modular products that provide teachers additional ways to engage students, and business and government users additional tools to collaborate and communicate with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards
SMART Board interactive whiteboards include a digital whiteboard that combines a whiteboard and the power of a computer. By touching a SMART Board interactive whiteboard, the user can control computer applications, write in digital ink and share and save work. The company offers both stand-alone interactive whiteboards and interactive whiteboard solutions.
Additional Hardware Products
In addition to interactive whiteboards, the company sells additional interactive hardware products for the classroom and meeting room designed to improve learning and collaboration:
SMART Response: A set of hand-held interactive response devices used by the respondents to answer questions or vote on topics, enabling teachers to gain real-time insight into student learning. The company offers versions for primary and secondary grades, and a software version for one-to-one learning environments.
SMART Podium: A speakers podium that includes an interactive display for large room presentations, such as auditoriums. The speaker can write over slides in digital ink, save notes, access any Web site or multimedia file and project their work onto a large screen.
SMART Table: The multi-touch, multi-user interactive learning center designed for the education market, which allows groups of young students to work simultaneously on the tables surface.
SMART Document Camera: Also known as a visualizer, the SMART Document Camera transforms any object into digital content. Images of documents, objects and video can be captured, saved, and incorporated into a lesson through the integration with its SMART Notebook software.
SMART Slate: A tablet-style device that enables wireless remote interaction with the SMART Board interactive whiteboard, giving users the freedom to interact with digital content from anywhere in the room by utilizing a stylus on a flat, hand-held surface.
SMART Board Interactive Display: Interactive overlay or frame that provides interactive whiteboard capabilities to an LCD or plasma screen up to 65 inches in size.
SMART Audio: A voice amplification system that distributes sound evenly throughout the classroom or meeting room.
SMART Hub: An appliance that works with a SMART Board interactive whiteboard and allows the user to create, share, and distribute digital notes without the need for a dedicated meeting room computer. The SMART Hub provides the flexibility to add a laptop, plug in a USB key or connect to a multimedia device, such as a DVD player.
As a result of its acquisition of Next Holdings Limited (NextWindow), its p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smart Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smart Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smart Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smart Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smart Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMART TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smart Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smart Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smart Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Smart Technologies Inc. History
Smart Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smart Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Smart Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smart Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smart Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Smart Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Smart Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smart Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smart Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smart Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Smart Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smart Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?