Seiko Epson Corp. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment Included)
- The report contains detailed information about Seiko Epson Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Seiko Epson Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Seiko Epson Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Seiko Epson Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Seiko Epson Corp. business.
About Seiko Epson Corp.
Seiko Epson Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of information-related equipment, electronic devices, precision products, and other products. The company primarily offers printers, liquid crystal displays (LCDs), semiconductor products, and other products.
The company operates in three segments: Information-Related Equipment; Electronic Devices; and Precision Products.
Information-Related Equipment Business Segment
The Information-Related Equipment Business Segment comprises the printer business, the visual instruments business, and others. This segment mainly includes the development, manufacture, and sale of printers, 3LCD projectors, and personal computers (PCs).
Printer business: Based on its digital control technologies and digital color image processing technologies, the printer business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of products that offer solutions of color digital data from input through to output. The main products in this business include inkjet printers, page printers, serial impact dot matrix (SIDM) printers, large-format inkjet printers and related supplies, color image scanners, mini-printers, point-of-sale (POS) system products, and others.
Visual instruments business: The visual instruments business is responsible for the development, manufacture and sales of 3LCD projectors, LCD monitors, label writers and others.
Others: In the PC business, PCs for the Japanese market are sold through a domestic subsidiary.
Electronic Devices Business Segment
The Electronic Devices Business Segment comprises the display business, the quartz device business, and the semiconductor business. This segment mainly includes the development, manufacture, and sale of small- and medium-sized LCDs, crystal oscillators, and CMOS LSIs.
Display business: The display business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of small and medium sized LCDs mainly for mobile phone terminals, and high-temperature polysilicon (HTPS) TFT liquid crystal panels (HTPS-TFT panels) for 3LCD projectors, and others.
Quartz device business: The quartz device business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of crystal units, crystal oscillators, and optical devices for industrial and consumer products in a range of markets.
Semiconductor business: The semiconductor business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of CMOS LSIs and others with low drive voltage, low power consumption, and high durability mainly for mobile phone terminals and other information communications equipment, and PC peripherals. It also develops semiconductors and base technologies for other group businesses.
Precision Products Business Segment
The Precision Products Business Segment comprises the watch business, the optical products business, and the factory automation products business. This segment mainly includes the development, manufacture, and sale of watches, watch movements, plastic corrective lenses, horizontally articulated robots, and others.
Watch business: The watch business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of Seiko brand watches and watch movements.
Optical products business: The optical products business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of Seiko brand plastic corrective lenses.
Factory automation products business: The factory automation products business is responsible for the development, manufacture, and sale of horizontally articulated robots and semiconductor testing equipment known as IC handlers, and industrial inkjet equipment.
The company operates its manufacturing and sales business mainly in Japan, the Americas, Europe, and Asia/Oceania. The Americas mainly includes the United States, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, and Peru. Europe mainly includes the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Russia. Asia/Oceania mainly includes China (including Hong Kong), Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Korea, and India.
Seiko Epson Corporation was founded in 1942.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEIKO EPSON CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEIKO EPSON CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEIKO EPSON CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEIKO EPSON CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEIKO EPSON CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Seiko Epson Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Seiko Epson Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Seiko Epson Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Seiko Epson Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Seiko Epson Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEIKO EPSON CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEIKO EPSON CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. SEIKO EPSON CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEIKO EPSON CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEIKO EPSON CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEIKO EPSON CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Seiko Epson Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Seiko Epson Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Seiko Epson Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Seiko Epson Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Seiko Epson Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Seiko Epson Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Seiko Epson Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Seiko Epson Corp. Key Executives
Seiko Epson Corp. Major Shareholders
Seiko Epson Corp. History
Seiko Epson Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Seiko Epson Corp. Offices and Representations
Seiko Epson Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Seiko Epson Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Seiko Epson Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Seiko Epson Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Seiko Epson Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Seiko Epson Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?