- The report contains detailed information about Seagate Technology PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Seagate Technology PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Seagate Technology PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Seagate Technology PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Seagate Technology PLC business.
About Seagate Technology PLC
Seagate Technology public limited company engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of hard disk drives, which are used as the primary medium for storing electronic data. In addition to manufacturing and selling disk drives, the company provides data storage services for small- to medium-sized businesses, including online backup, data protection, and recovery solutions.
The company produces a range of disk drive products addressing enterprise applications, where its products are designed for enterprise servers, mainframes, and workstations; client compute applications, where its products are designed for desktop and notebook computers; and client non-compute applications, where its products are designed for various end user devices, such as digital video recorders (DVRs), personal data backup systems, portable external storage systems, and digital media systems.
Cheetah SCSI/SAS/Fibre Channel Family: The companys Cheetah 3.5-inch disk drives ship in 10,000 and 15,000 RPM and in storage capacities ranging from 73GB to 600GB. Commercial uses for Cheetah disk drives include Internet and e-commerce servers, data mining and data warehousing, mainframes and supercomputers, department/enterprise servers and workstations, transaction processing, professional video and graphics, and medical imaging.
Savvio SCSI/SAS/Fibre Channel Family: The company is shipping its fourth generation Savvio 2.5-inch enterprise disk drive featuring improved power consumption, targeted at space optimized enterprise storage systems. The companys Savvio disk drives ship in 10,000 and 15,000 RPM and in storage capacities ranging from 73GB to 600GB.
Barracuda ES SATA Family: The companys Barracuda ES 3.5-inch disk drives ship in 7,200 RPM and in storage capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB. The Barracuda ES addresses the emerging market in enterprise storage using nearline storage systems for capacity-intensive enterprise applications. The company has also introduced Barracuda ES drives for the surveillance market with capacities ranging from 250GB to 1TB.
Constellation ES SATA Family: The companys Constellation disk drives ship in both 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch and in storage capacities of approximately 500GB to 2TB, respectively, at 7,200 RPM. The Constellation is designed for reference data environments.
Momentus ATA/SATA Family: The companys Momentus family of disk drives for mobile computing disk drive products ship in 5,400 and 7,200 RPM and in capacities ranging from 80GB to 640GB. Momentus disk drives are used in notebooks for business, government, education, and consumer applications. Consumer uses for Momentus disk drives also include tablet computers and digital audio applications. The companys Momentus 7200.4 is a 7,200 RPM disk drive for notebooks. In addition, the company began shipping its new hybrid drive into the notebook market with the introduction of its Momentus XT product line. Hybrid disk drives incorporate both a hard disk drive and NAND flash storage.
Barracuda ATA/SATA Family: The companys Barracuda 3.5-inch disk drive delivers storage capacities of up to 2TB at 7,200 RPM and is designed for applications, such as PCs, workstations, and personal external storage devices.
Pipeline HD and DB35 SATA Family: The company sells its 3.5-inch Pipeline HD and DB35 disk drives primarily for use in DVRs. These disk drives are optimized for digital entertainment and range from 160GB to 1TB.
Pipeline Mini SATA Family: The company sells its 2.5-inch, 5,400 RPM Pipeline Mini disk drives, with capacities ranging from 160GB up to 500GB, for use in low-profile DVRs, gaming consoles, home entertainment devices, and small footprint media PCs.
The company ships external backup storage solutions under its Free Agent Go and Free Agent Go Flex product lines. Both of these product lines utilize its 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch disk drives, which are available in capacities up to 2TB and 750GB, respectively.
The company sells its disk drives primarily to major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). It also sells to distributors and retailers under its brand names. The companys major OEM customers include Hewlett-Packard Company, Dell Inc., and EMC Corporation.
Principal Disk Drive Competitors: The company's competitors include independent disk drive manufacturers, such as Western Digital Corporation, as well as captive manufacturers, such as Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., and Toshiba Corporation. In addition to competing with its disk drive competitors, the company also competes with companies, such as Iomega Corporation (an EMC company) and LaCie S.A.
Other Competitors: In the flash memory market, primarily used in lower capacity handheld devices, the companys principal competitors include Micron Technology, Inc.; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.; SanDisk Corporation; and Toshiba Corporation. In enterprise applications, its principal solid state drives (SSD) competitors include Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Intel Corporation, and STEC Inc.
Seagate Technology public limited company was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Seagate Technology PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Seagate Technology PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Seagate Technology PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Seagate Technology PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Seagate Technology PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Seagate Technology PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Seagate Technology PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Seagate Technology PLC Major Shareholders
Seagate Technology PLC History
Seagate Technology PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Seagate Technology PLC Offices and Representations
Seagate Technology PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Seagate Technology PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Seagate Technology PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Seagate Technology PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Seagate Technology PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Seagate Technology PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Seagate Technology PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Seagate Technology PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Seagate Technology PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Seagate Technology PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Seagate Technology PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Seagate Technology PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?