- The report contains detailed information about Schmitt Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Schmitt Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Schmitt Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Schmitt Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Schmitt Industries Inc. business.
About Schmitt Industries Inc.
Schmitt Industries, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of computer-controlled vibration detection and balancing equipment primarily to the machine tool industry.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Schmitt Measurement Systems, Inc. (SMS), the company designs, manufactures, and markets precision laser-based surface measurement products for the disk drive, silicon wafer, and optics industries; laser-based distance measurement products for industrial applications; and ultrasonic measurement products that measure the fill levels of liquefied propane tanks and transmit that data via satellite to a Web site. It offers its products in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Balancer Segment engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of balancing systems and components. Its principal product line is the Schmitt Dynamic Balance System (the SBS System) consisting of a computerized control unit, vibration sensor, spindle-mounting adapter, and balance head. Its targeted customer base is manufacturers and operators of grinding machines for various industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, and machine tools.
The SBS System also includes an optional acoustical emission monitoring system (AEMS), which uses proprietary acoustic sensor technology to monitor the very high frequency signals generated on the grinding machine during key events in the grinding process. The AEMS system allows automatic grinding wheel in-feed, right up to the point of initial contact with a new part loaded in the machine. The company's customer base for the SBS System is divided into three major market segments, including machine tool builders, machine tool rebuilders, and grinding machine users.
Machine Tool Builders: These companies design and manufacture various cylindrical, surface, and specialty application grinding machines. SBS Systems are distributed to various markets throughout the world through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), who incorporate the SBS System into their products. The machine tool builders who have offered and/or installed the SBS System include Shanghai Machine Tool Works (China); ANCA (Australia); Capco Machinery (the U.S.); Ecotech/SMTW (China/the U.S.); Erwin Junker (the U.S.); Shaanxi Qinchuan Machinery Development Co. (China); Cinetic Landis Grinding (the U.S.); Koyo Machinery (the U.S., Japan); Micron Machinery Limited (Japan/the U.S.); USACH Technologies; Tschudin (the U.S.); and Weldon Machine Tool (the U.S.).
Machine Tool Rebuilders: These customers develop their business by offering to update and refurbish older grinding machines. The company sells its products directly to major machine rebuilders worldwide.
Grinding Machine Users: The companys business is conducted worldwide with various customers, including Black & Decker; Briggs and Stratton; Caterpillar; Eaton; Emerson Power Transmission; Cummins Engine; Ford Motor Company; General Electric; General Motors; Ingersoll Rand; Komatsu; Sumitomo Heavy Industries; SKF Bearing Industries; Timken; TRW Automotive Components; and Universal Bearing.
Competition: The companys competitors include Marposs S.p.A., Dittel Messtechnik GmbH, MPM Micro Prazision Marx GmbH, and Balance Systems S.r.l.
The Measurement Segment designs, manufactures, and markets laser-based precision test and measurement products and an ultrasonic product for measuring the fill levels of liquid propane tanks. It also operates a precision laser light scatter measurement laboratory. The company has five specific product lines, including laser-based surface roughness measurement; laser-based distance measurement and dimensional sizing; remote tank monitoring; laser light-scatter; and a laser light-scatter measurement laboratory.
Surface Roughness Measurement Products: These products use a patented laser light scatter technology to perform repeatable, non-destructive, and non-contact surface measurement tests that quantify surface micro-roughness. Products are sold to manufacturers of hard disk drives, silicon wafers and optical products, and industries with fabrication processes.
The TMS-2000-RC: The
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Schmitt Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Schmitt Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Schmitt Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Schmitt Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Schmitt Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Schmitt Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Schmitt Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Schmitt Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Schmitt Industries Inc. History
Schmitt Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Schmitt Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Schmitt Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Schmitt Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Schmitt Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Schmitt Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Schmitt Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Schmitt Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Schmitt Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Schmitt Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Schmitt Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Schmitt Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Schmitt Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Schmitt Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?