- The report contains detailed information about Rutter Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rutter Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rutter Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rutter Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rutter Inc. business.
About Rutter Inc.
Rutter Inc. provides marine technology products, including voyage data recorders, enhanced radar systems and custom solutions for the recording and playback of operational and tactical data (audio, video, and other data) for marine, military, and security/surveillance applications.
The company has marketing and distribution channels in approximately 100 locations in 70 countries for its products. It is also an outsource manufacturer delivering various chassis electronic assemblies for military customers from its plant in St. Johns. It also manufactures various assemblies for the telecommunications sector. Its consulting engineering business provides a range of engineering services in Newfoundland, including civil, electrical, mechanical, structural, and environmental engineering. The company delivers various aspects of a project from feasibility studies to concept development to design, project management, contract administration, and construction management and commissioning services. These services are delivered to a range of clients across the private and public sectors.
The company's value-added products incorporate a proprietary mix of electronic hardware and software engineered to integrate with existing systems. Its products include voyage data recorders; sigma s6 high resolution radar signal processors; high resolution video recording modules; ice navigation radar; specialty radar systems; a suite of marine certified interfaces; high-fidelity digital audio recording modules; and life vest and life raft safety lights for commercial and military applications.
The company is focusing on its high resolution radar technology, which suppresses unwanted radar screen clutter enabling the user to see smaller objects at further distances. It also offers detection tracking capability enabling the user to see and simultaneously track multiple objects, large and small, traveling at varying speeds. This technology is sold into marine, aviation, defense, and security markets for various applications, including ice navigation, oil spill detection, bird/aircraft collision avoidance, coastal surveillance, port security, anti-piracy, search and rescue, and marine traffic management.
The company offers a suite of design, manufacturing, and integration services to support customers looking to outsource their electronics manufacturing and/or sub-assembly.
Engineering & Design: The companys teams work collaboratively with clients through each stage of the outsourcing process to ensure its end products match with their existing products and systems. Services include printed circuit board design; industrial design; software development; 2D & 3D virtual modeling; programmable device design; software and firmware development; and system specification and integration.
Electromechanical Assembly: The company delivers integrated assemblies, modular electronic subsystems, control panels, and electrical power management assemblies, as well as full box builds and integrated multifunction systems.
Systems Integration: The company engages in the design, integration, and installation of network systems for the telecommunications industry.
Post Manufacturing Services: The company supports its customers long after the delivery of product. Post-manufacturing services include repair, field upgrade kits, and replacement system supplies.
Target Markets and Sectors
The company's target markets/customers for its manufacturing services include defense contractors, mid-sized commercial enterprises, telecommunications service providers, and technology manufacturers and integrators. It offers manufacturing services to customers in the military, marine, telecommunications, and custom commercial sectors.
In March 2009, the company has sold its controls and automation business.
The company's competitors include Samsung, Japanese Radio Corporation, Furuno, Consilium, Kelvin Hughes, Netwave, and Sperry.
Rutter Inc. was founded in 1937.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RUTTER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RUTTER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RUTTER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RUTTER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RUTTER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rutter Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rutter Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rutter Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rutter Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rutter Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RUTTER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RUTTER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RUTTER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RUTTER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RUTTER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RUTTER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rutter Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rutter Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rutter Inc. Major Shareholders
Rutter Inc. History
Rutter Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rutter Inc. Offices and Representations
Rutter Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rutter Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rutter Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rutter Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Rutter Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rutter Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rutter Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rutter Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rutter Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rutter Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rutter Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rutter Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?