- The report contains detailed information about Riverbed Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Riverbed Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Riverbed Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Riverbed Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Riverbed Technology, Inc. business.
About Riverbed Technology, Inc.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. provides solutions to the fundamental problems of IT performance across wide area networks (WANs). The companys products include solutions for branch offices, mobile workers, private data centers, private clouds, and cloud computing.
The companys primary Steelhead products enable its customers to improve the performance of their applications and access to their data across WANs. Its Steelhead appliances consist of its Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS) proprietary software that is embedded on a purpose-built hardware computing platform. The company sells different Steelhead appliances to address the needs of customers ranging from small office deployments to large headquarters and datacenter locations.
In addition to the functionality described for RiOS, all Steelhead appliances support the Riverbed Services Platform (RSP), a virtualized environment within Steelhead appliances upon which third party applications can be installed. RSP benefits customers by further enabling branch office IT consolidation; applications or services that require local deployment can be deployed on the already installed Steelhead appliance, which enables the decommissioning of a print server in the branch.
In December 2009, the company introduced the latest implementation of RSP in conjunction with version 6.0 of RiOS. RSP runs within the Steelhead appliances, and supports approximately five third-party applications or services, including Microsoft Windows Server, print server, DNS/DHCP, security, video, and selected other packages.
The companys Central Management Console (CMC) is an optional product designed to centrally manage various Steelhead appliances distributed across a WAN, simplifying the tasks of deploying, configuring, monitoring, reporting, and upgrading various Steelhead appliances (one CMC can manage up to 500 Steelhead appliances). In 2009, the company introduced the Central Management Console-Virtual Edition (CMC-VE), which is a virtualized version of the CMC.
The companys Interceptor is a complementary product designed to enable the deployment of a cluster of Steelhead appliances in high-traffic data center environments without requiring complex network reconfiguration.
Steelhead Mobile is a software-only version of RiOS designed to run on Windows laptop or desktop machines. Steelhead Mobile has the same architecture as Steelhead appliances, with data, transport, and application streamlining. A purchase of the Steelhead Mobile Controller (SMC) is required when purchasing Steelhead Mobile, as is at least one Steelhead appliance, which is typically deployed in the data center. The SMC includes a license for approximately 30 concurrent licenses for Steelhead Mobile software. The SMC handles the licensing and the distribution of Steelhead Mobile software packages. Each SMC has the capacity to manage approximately 2,000 concurrent Steelhead Mobile users. In 2009, the company introduced the Steelhead Mobile Controller-Virtual Edition (SMC-VE), which is a virtualized version of the SMC.
The company's Cascade appliances help organizations manage, secure, and optimize the availability and performance of global applications. The Cascade appliances allow it to meet enterprise and service provider customer demands by extending its suite of WAN optimization products to include global application performance, reporting and analytics.
In addition to accelerating the performance of applications across the WAN, Steelhead and CMC products utilize its management streamlining technology for the deployment, configuration, management, and ongoing maintenance. Its Steelhead products can automatically detect each other within an organizations WAN and can be automatically configured across WAN links to begin optimizing data without the need to manually set up complicated appliance-to-appliance network tunnels.
In April 2010, McAfee, Inc. and Riverbed Technology, Inc. announced a partnership that delivers security and wide area network (WAN) optimization solution for organizations with remote offices. The one-box solution, which would include a virtual instance of McAfee Firewall Enterprise software running on the Riverbed Steelhead appliance, enables enterprises to deliver accelerated data and application access to users while protecting critical information and infrastructure from security threats.
In February 2009, the company acquired Mazu Networks, Inc., which helps organizations manage, secure, and optimize the availability and performance of global applications.
The companys products have been sold to approximately 7,300 customers worldwide in various industries, including manufacturing, finance, technology, government, architecture, engineering and construction, professional services, utilities, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, media, and retail. Its products are deployed in a range of organizations, from large global organizations to smaller organizations.
On September 16, 2010, Endace Limited announced that it has joined the Riverbed Technology Alliance (RTA) program. The RTA program is a select group of companies partnered with Riverbed to jointly develop and deliver applications or products that integrate with Riverbed's portfolio of WAN optimization and network and application visibility products.
The companys primary competitors include Cisco Systems, Blue Coat Systems, Juniper Networks, Citrix Systems, and F5 Networks. It also identifies competition from Microsoft.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Riverbed Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Riverbed Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Riverbed Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Riverbed Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Riverbed Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RIVERBED TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Riverbed Technology, Inc. History
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Riverbed Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Riverbed Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Riverbed Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Riverbed Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Riverbed Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Riverbed Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?