- The report contains detailed information about Richardson Electronics Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Richardson Electronics Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Richardson Electronics Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Richardson Electronics Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Richardson Electronics Ltd. business.
About Richardson Electronics Ltd.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. provides engineered solutions and distributes electronic components to the radio frequency (RF), wireless and power conversion, electron device, and display systems markets. The company provides solutions and adds value through design-in support, systems integration, prototype design and manufacturing, testing, and logistics for end products of its customers.
The company's products include primarily RF and microwave components, power semiconductors, electron tubes, microwave generators, and data display monitors. These products are used to control, switch, or amplify electrical power signals, or are used as display devices in various industrial, commercial, and communication applications.
The company operates in three divisions: RF, Wireless & Power Division (RFPD); Electron Device Group (EDG); and Canvys.
RF, Wireless & Power Division
The RF, Wireless & Power Division serves the global RF and wireless communications market, including infrastructure and wireless networks, and the power management and alternative energy markets. The companys team of RF and wireless engineers assist customers in designing circuits, selecting components, planning supply, prototype testing, and assembly. The team offers its customers and suppliers a range of engineering and technical support, including the design-in of RF, wireless and power components and the development of engineered solutions for their support system requirements. The companys team of power conversion engineers designs solutions for applications, such as motor speed controls, industrial heating, laser technology, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, radar, and welding.
The company has global distribution agreements with various suppliers, such as nadigics, Advanced Power Technologies, Aavid, Anaren, ATC, Cornell-Dubilier, Freescale, Huber+Suhner, M M/A-Com Technology Solutions, Maxwell, Infineon, Peregrine, Vishay, Wakefield, and Triquint. In addition, the company has relationships with various niche RF and wireless, power conversion, and alternative energy suppliers.
Electron Device Group
The Electron Device Group provides engineered solutions and distributes electronic components to customers in various markets, including the steel, automotive, textile, plastics, semiconductor manufacturing, and broadcast industries. The companys team of engineers designs solutions for applications, such as industrial heating, laser technology, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, radar, and welding.
The company serves the industrial markets need for both vacuum tube and semiconductor manufacturing equipment technologies. It provides replacement products for systems using electron tubes, as well as offers design and assembly services for new systems employing semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
The company represents various manufacturers of electron tubes and semiconductor manufacturing equipment used in industrial power applications. The suppliers that the company supports are Amperex, CPI, Draloric, General Electric, Hitachi, Jennings, L3, National, NJRC, and Thales.
The Canvys Division provides global integrated display products, workstations, digital signage solutions, and value-added services to the financial, corporate enterprise, healthcare, industrial original equipment manufacturer (OEM), and digital signage markets. The companys engineers manufacture, source, and support a spectrum of solutions to match the needs of its customers. It offers custom display solutions that include touch screens, protective panels, custom enclosures, specialized cabinet finishes, application specific software packages, and its own privately-branded display products. In addition, it partners with branded hardware vendors to offer liquid crystal displays, mounting devices, and customized computing platforms.
The company creates solutions for diagnostic and clinical review, 3-D and post processing, surgical suites and modality-specific applications. In addition, its solutions meet the most critical agency certifications and calibration standards for patient monitoring, bio-medical displays, ultrasound, cardiac imaging and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS). The company provides programs and material management services. It also provides display hardware and associated products, computers, and software that are either branded or custom variations.
The company has long-standing relationships with key component and finished goods manufacturers, including 3M, AUO, CMO, Eizo, HP, IBM, Intel, LG, NEC Displays, Sharp Electronics, Samsung, and WIDE Corporation.
The company has operations in the following major geographic regions, including North America; the Asia/Pacific; Europe; and Latin America.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. was founded in 1947.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Richardson Electronics Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Richardson Electronics Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Richardson Electronics Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Richardson Electronics Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Richardson Electronics Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RICHARDSON ELECTRONICS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Major Shareholders
Richardson Electronics Ltd. History
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Offices and Representations
Richardson Electronics Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Richardson Electronics Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Richardson Electronics Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Richardson Electronics Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Richardson Electronics Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Richardson Electronics Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?