- The report contains detailed information about Research In Motion Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Research In Motion Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Research In Motion Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Research In Motion Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Research In Motion Limited business.
About Research In Motion Limited
Research In Motion Limited designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The company, through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, provides platforms and solutions for access to time-sensitive information, including email, phone, short message service (SMS), Internet and intranet-based applications. Its technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to improve their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. The company operates through its offices located in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.
Products and Services
The company's portfolio of products, services and embedded technologies include the BlackBerry wireless solution, the RIM Wireless Handheld product line, software development tools, software, and hardware.
The company's BlackBerry wireless solution comprises wireless handsets, service, and software. It can provide users with a wireless extension of their work and personal email accounts, including Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise and many ISP email services. When incorporating BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry wireless solution allows Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise users to send and receive corporate email and instant messages securely. The BlackBerry wireless solution also enables the use of data functions, such as calendar, address book, task and memo lists, and other functions associated with personal organizers.
The BlackBerry Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) allows users to access data from enterprise applications and the Internet. The BlackBerry Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry MVS) allows organizations to converge office desk phones and BlackBerry smartphones, so users can access standard enterprise voice features whether at their desks or on the go. BlackBerry Internet Service allows the integration of up to 10 supported email accounts on the same BlackBerry smartphone. Both BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet Service allow Internet browsing and full phone functionality on the users device. In addition, BlackBerry smartphones offer a range of multimedia capabilities. The BlackBerry wireless solution service is provided through a combination of RIMs Network Operations Center and the wireless networks of RIMs carrier partners.
The company markets various models of its smartphones, including BlackBerry Storm Series, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve Series, BlackBerry Pearl Flip Series, BlackBerry Pearl Series, BlackBerry 8800 Series, and BlackBerry 8700 Series. These products have been designed to accommodate the technical requirements of one of the HSPA, HSDPA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, CDMA/1xRTT/Ev-Do, UMTS or iDEN protocols. Additionally, it supports older model BlackBerry smartphones on the GPRS, Mobitex, and DataTAC networks.
BlackBerry smartphones are communication tools that use wireless, push-based technology to deliver both business and consumer applications to mobile users. BlackBerry smartphones integrate email, voice, browser, calendar, tasks, and other applications.
BlackBerry smartphones are available from various carriers and indirect channels, through a range of distribution partners, and are designed to operate on various carrier network types, including HSPA/UMTS, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, CDMA/Ev-DO, and iDEN.
The company's BlackBerry smartphones include:
BlackBerry Bold series: The BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones feature processors, QWERTY keyboards, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi, digital cameras, and high-resolution displays.
BlackBerry Storm Series The BlackBerry Storm series of touch-screen smartphones feature SurePress. Other features include support for landscape and portrait views, built-in GPS and 3.2 mega-pixel cameras. The BlackBerry Storm2 9550 and BlackBerry Storm2 9520 smartphones include built-in Wi-Fi.
BlackBerry Tour: The BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone supports CDMA Rev A networks in North America and HSPA networks internationally. The BlackBerry Tour 9630 is a smartphone
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Research In Motion Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Research In Motion Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Research In Motion Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Research In Motion Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Research In Motion Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Research In Motion Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Research In Motion Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Research In Motion Limited Major Shareholders
Research In Motion Limited History
Research In Motion Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Research In Motion Limited Offices and Representations
Research In Motion Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Research In Motion Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Research In Motion Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Research In Motion Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Research In Motion Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Research In Motion Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Research In Motion Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Research In Motion Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Research In Motion Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Research In Motion Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Research In Motion Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Research In Motion Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?