- The report contains detailed information about Research Frontiers Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Research Frontiers Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Research Frontiers Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Research Frontiers Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Research Frontiers Inc. business.
About Research Frontiers Inc.
Research Frontiers Incorporated engages in the development and licensing of suspended particle device (SPD-Smart) light-control technology. The company licenses its SPD-smart light-control technology to other companies, which manufactures and markets the SPD-smart chemical emulsion, light-control film made from chemical emulsion, lamination services, electronics to power end-products incorporating the film; or the end-products, such as smart windows, skylights, and sunroofs.
The company has 37 companies that are licensed to serve 4 SPD-Smart application areas, including aerospace, architectural, automotive, and marine products. SPD-Smart products use microscopic light-absorbing particles that are typically suspended in a film. These particles align when an electrical voltage is applied, thus permitting light to pass through the film. Adjustment of the voltage to the SPD film gives users the ability to instantly, precisely, and consistently regulate the amount of light, glare, and heat passing through the window, skylight, sunroof, window shade, or other SPD-Smart end-product.
SPD light-control technology may have commercial applicability in various types of products and industries where variable light transmission is desired, such as smart windows, skylights, partitions, doors, and sunshades for the architectural, aircraft, marine, automotive, and appliance industries; variable light transmission sunglasses, goggles, visors, and other eyewear; variable light transmission automotive sunroofs, sunvisors, and rear-view mirrors; and flat panel information displays for use in billboards, scoreboards, point-of-purchase advertising displays, traffic signs, computers, telephones, PDAs, and other electronic instruments.
SPD-Smart Aircraft Products
The companys licensee, InspecTech Aero Service Inc., penetrates the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and retrofit markets for SPD-Smart window shades. InspecTech's SPD-Smart window shades have also been installed in selected areas on all A380 aircraft. In addition to its SPD-Smart window shades, InspecTech Aero Service unveiled its Smart Cabin Automated Dimming System (SCADS) for these window shades. With this new complementary system, in addition to the light, heat and glare control SPD-Smart window shades bring to cabin windows, the product has integrated intelligence into airframe systems and adds the capability to interface the SPD-Smart window shades with other cabin systems, such as cabin management systems and in-flight entertainment systems, providing unprecedented smart automation of cabin light-management.
InspecTech Aero Service markets and offers its SPD-Smart window shades through various programs, including working directly with aircraft OEMs, advertising campaigns, targeted direct marketing campaigns, and trade show exhibitions.
In January 2010, the company expanded its presence in the aircraft industry by licensing Vision Systems of France to make and sell in Europe SPD-Smart products for aircraft. The Vision Systems license also covers the manufacture and sale of SPD-Smart products for trains, recreational vehicles, busses, trucks, mobile cranes, and construction vehicles.
SPD-Smart Automotive Products
The company and its licensees are working with multiple automotive manufacturers to introduce SPD-Smart windows, sunroofs, and roof systems on both concept and production vehicles. The automotive glass business of Pittsburgh Glass Works, LLC is licensed to make SPD-Smart automotive glass products, including windows, sunroofs, and roof glass systems. Pittsburg Glass Works (PGW) is an automotive glass producer in North America.
SPD-Smart Architectural Products
SPD-Smart windows, skylights, and partitions offer various benefits in architectural applications. In 2009, the companys licensee Innovative Glass Corp. announced the completion of the SPD-Smart glass project at Indiana University using next- generation SPD-Smart light control film. The project used approximately 800 square feet of SPD-Smart glass in 59 interior and 9 exterior smart glass panels.
SPD Control Systems Corporation, a licensee of the company has developed and is selling for the automotive market its 8-window Tintmaker controller. This controller, which was specifically designed for SPD-Smart windows and initially designed for the automotive market, is also being adapted for use in the architectural, marine, and aerospace industries.
In February 2010, ID Research Pty Ltd (IDR) (the parent company of iGlass Pty Limited) acquired a license from the company granting it the right to manufacture and sell SPD-Smart architectural end-products in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. The license also grants ID Research Pty Ltd the worldwide right to manufacture and sell SPD emulsion and film to end-product licensees of the company.
Research Frontiers Incorporated was founded in 1965.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Research Frontiers Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Research Frontiers Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Research Frontiers Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Research Frontiers Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Research Frontiers Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RESEARCH FRONTIERS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Research Frontiers Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Research Frontiers Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Research Frontiers Inc. Major Shareholders
Research Frontiers Inc. History
Research Frontiers Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Research Frontiers Inc. Offices and Representations
Research Frontiers Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Research Frontiers Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Research Frontiers Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Research Frontiers Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Research Frontiers Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Research Frontiers Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Research Frontiers Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Research Frontiers Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Research Frontiers Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Research Frontiers Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Research Frontiers Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Research Frontiers Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?