- The report contains detailed information about Quantum Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quantum Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quantum Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quantum Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quantum Corporation business.
About Quantum Corporation
Quantum Corporation, a global storage company, provides backup, recovery, and archive solutions in the United States and internationally.
The company provides a range of disk, tape, and software solutions supported by its sales and service organization. Its solutions are designed to provide IT departments in various organizations with dependable tools for protecting, retaining, and accessing their digital assets.
The companys products are divided into three categories: tape automation systems, disk backup systems and data management software, and devices and media. The devices and media category includes removable disk drives, tape drives, and media products.
Tape Automation Systems
The companys tape automation portfolio includes a range of products from its SuperLoader3 autoloader with 1 tape drive and approximately 16 cartridges, to enterprise-class libraries which can hold various drives and various cartridges. These products integrate tape drives into a system with automation technology, advanced connectivity, and management tools. Its automation products support multiple drive technologies, though the primary tape drive format for automation environments continues to be LTO.
The company has introduced new libraries, the Scalar i40 and Scalar i80, which brought iLayer software to entry automation. Its midrange and enterprise tape automation libraries include the Scalar i500 and Scalar i2000. In April 2010, the company introduced the Scalar i6000, a product upgrade and expansion of the Scalar i2000 which adds capacity.
Disk Backup Systems
The company offers a range of disk solutions for backup and recovery, notably its DXi-Series disk backup appliances featuring data deduplication and replication technologies: the DXi7500, DXi7500 Express, DXi6500 family, DXi4500 family, DXi3500, and DXi2500-D. Data deduplication is an enabling technology that has been fundamentally changing the economics of disk storage and data transmission. The companys DXi-Series systems use this patented data deduplication technology to expand the amount of backup data users can retain on redundant array independent disk systems by 10 to 50 times. For disaster recovery in distributed environments, the DXi-Series also makes wide area network (WAN) replication practical. The company has introduced the DXi6500 provides deduplication solutions for the midrange market. In May 2010, it released the DXi4500 family of products comprising disk backup appliances designed to work with the backup software packages to provide non-disruptive deduplication for small and medium-size businesses.
Data Management Software
The companys data management software helps businesses with large-scale data needs to benefit from workflow efficiencies, storage consolidation, and archive management. Designed for open system computing environments, its data management software products allow multiple applications to access a single data set. They also transparently move data based on business value. Designed for data-intensive SAN environments, its primary software solution is StorNext, data management software. StorNext provides shared access to data across different operating systems and storage platforms, and based on user-defined policies, it automatically copies and migrates data between different tiers of storage. StorNext also uses its deduplication technology which enables customers to store data and use much lower bandwidth networks for replication. These software solutions make it practical to use standard WANs and replication for disaster recovery protection and also reduce tape handling requirements. StorNext software, in addition to being a standalone product, is also a key component with in its DXi-Series product line.
Devices and Media
The companys device and media products include removable disk devices, as well as a family of tape drives and media representing tape technology formats, including LTO, DLT, and DAT/DDS. It sells performance line and value line tape drive devices to meet the varied needs of its customers.
The companys GoVault drive is a removable and ruggedized disk backup device which combines a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUANTUM CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUANTUM CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUANTUM CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUANTUM CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUANTUM CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quantum Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quantum Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quantum Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quantum Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quantum Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. QUANTUM CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUANTUM CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUANTUM CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUANTUM CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUANTUM CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUANTUM CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quantum Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quantum Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quantum Corporation Major Shareholders
Quantum Corporation History
Quantum Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quantum Corporation Offices and Representations
Quantum Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quantum Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quantum Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Quantum Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Quantum Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quantum Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quantum Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quantum Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Quantum Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Quantum Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quantum Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quantum Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?