- The report contains detailed information about Qualstar Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Qualstar Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Qualstar Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Qualstar Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Qualstar Corp. business.
About Qualstar Corp.
Qualstar Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of automated magnetic tape libraries used to store, retrieve, and manage electronic data primarily in network computing environments.
The companys tape libraries provide data storage solutions for organizations requiring backup, recovery, and archival storage of critical data. Its products are compatible with commonly used operating systems, including UNIX, Windows, and Linux. Its tape libraries are also compatible with a range of storage management software packages, such as those supplied by CA Technologies, EMC, IBM, Symantec, CommVault, and BakBone Software.
The company sells its tape libraries worldwide, primarily to value added resellers and original equipment manufacturers. These customers integrate its tape libraries with software from third party vendors and related hardware, such as servers and network components to provide storage solutions, which are then sold to end users.
The company also designs, develops, manufactures, and sells open-frame switching power supplies. Its power supplies are used to convert common alternating (AC) line voltages found in buildings to direct (DC) voltages that are needed internally to operate most electronic equipment. The company also introduced a series of DC to DC power supplies that convert from one DC voltage to another DC voltage. N2Power products are sold under the N2Power brand name, as well as under a private label brand name through independent sales representatives and distributors.
The company offers various tape library families, each capable of incorporating one or more tape drive technologies. Its libraries are installed in network computing environments ranging from small departmental networks to enterprise-wide networks supporting various users.
The company designs its tape libraries for continuous, unattended operation. Its libraries also offer features, such as barcode readers to scan cartridge labels and input/output ports for importing and exporting tapes under system control.
Rapid tape drive replacement: The company designs its libraries so that a tape drive can be replaced quickly without special tools. This feature minimizes the off-line time required when a tape drive must be replaced.
Fibre Channel connectivity: The company offers a Fibre Channel option on all of its models for connection to Storage Area Networks and other applications.
Closed-loop servo control: The companys tape libraries use digital closed-loop servo systems to control robotic motion and to provide precise tape handling.
Brushless motors: The company uses only brushless electric motors in its tape libraries. The company builds its own motors.
Remote management: With its remote library manager, customers can put libraries worldwide and manage them from a single administrative hub using a standard Web browser.
The companys RLS series of tape libraries are designed to fit in equipment racks and provide back-up capacity in as little as 5 standard rack height units, or a total of 8.75 inches of rack space. In addition, the RLS series is designed to support dual-redundant power supplies and hot-swappable tape drives.
The companys TLS series of tape libraries are designed to be freestanding units for applications where an equipment rack may not be available or where the library is purchased after the original installation and rack space may not be available.
The companys XLS series of tape libraries is designed to be expandable from 160 to 9,639 tapes and is focused on the needs of large enterprises.
The company also sells ancillary products related to its tape libraries, such as tape media, tape magazines, cables, bar code labels and fiber channel adapters.
The company also designs and sells open frame switching power supplies. These power supplies are used to convert AC line voltage to DC as well as DC to DC for use in a variety of electronic equipment, such as telecommunications equipment, servers, routers, switches, lighting and gaming devices.
The companys power supplies are sold under the N2Power brand. These products are manufactured for the company in China and sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and contract manufacturers, as well as to distributors.
The company competes with Oracle Corporation, Quantum Corporation, Overland Storage, Inc., SpectraLogic Corporation, Power-One, TDK Lambda, Digital Power, Astec & Artesyn (divisions of Emerson), and XP Power.
Qualstar Corporation was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUALSTAR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUALSTAR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUALSTAR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUALSTAR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUALSTAR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Qualstar Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Qualstar Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Qualstar Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Qualstar Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Qualstar Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUALSTAR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUALSTAR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUALSTAR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUALSTAR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUALSTAR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUALSTAR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Qualstar Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Qualstar Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Qualstar Corp. Major Shareholders
Qualstar Corp. History
Qualstar Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Qualstar Corp. Offices and Representations
Qualstar Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Qualstar Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Qualstar Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Qualstar Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Qualstar Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Qualstar Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Qualstar Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Qualstar Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Qualstar Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Qualstar Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Qualstar Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Qualstar Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?