- The report contains detailed information about QLogic Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QLogic Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QLogic Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QLogic Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QLogic Corp. business.
About QLogic Corp.
QLogic Corporation engages in the design and supply of network infrastructure products that improve, manage, and support the transmission of data from computer servers to storage systems and from computer servers to other servers.
The companys products generally include adapters, switches, and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). Adapters physically reside in a server and provide for connectivity from the server to storage, high performance computing (HPC), and converged networks. Switches manage the transmission and routing of data from servers to storage devices or from servers to servers. The ASICs that the company sells are protocol controller chips that are embedded within a server or storage device. The business applications that drive requirements for its networking infrastructure products include general business information technology requirements; data warehousing, data mining, and online transaction processing; media-rich environments, such as film and video, broadcast, medical imaging, computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM); server clustering, high-speed backup, and data replication; and research and scientific applications.
The company classifies its products into three categories: Host Products, Network Products, and Silicon Products. Host Products consist of fibre channel and internet small computer systems interface (iSCSI), host bus adapters; InfiniBand host channel adapters; fibre channel over Ethernet (FCoE), converged network adapters (CNAs); and intelligent Ethernet adapters (IEAs). Network Products consist of fibre channel switches, including stackable edge switches, bladed switches, virtualized pass-through modules, and high-port count modular-chassis switches; InfiniBand switches, including multi-protocol directors, edge and bladed switches; Ethernet pass-through modules; and storage routers for bridging Fibre Channel, FCoE, and iSCSI networks. Silicon Products consist of fibre channel controllers, iSCSI controllers, converged network controllers, and Ethernet controllers.
The companys products are used in connection with three distinct types of networks: Storage Networks, High Performance Computing Networks, and Converged Networks.
The company provides fibre channel and iSCSI adapters for servers, as well as mezzanine adapters for bladed servers, which connect host computer servers to storage networks. It also provides a line of fibre channel switches, including stackable edge switches, bladed switches, virtual pass-through modules, and high-port count modular-chassis switches. In addition, the company provides intelligent storage routers for bridging Fibre Channel, FCoE, and iSCSI networks. Its intelligent storage routers provide a way for iSCSI-based servers to access storage devices already deployed on a fibre channel storage network.
The companys high performance computing networking products are based on InfiniBand technology. InfiniBand is a specification used to connect servers, communications infrastructure equipment, storage and embedded systems, and is used primarily within computing environments where its capability to process data-intense calculations is crucial. The company offers a portfolio of InfiniBand networking products for HPC Networking, including quad data rate (QDR), host channel adapters, QDR multi-protocol directors, edge switches, and bladed switches, as well as software tools to install, operate, and maintain networks. Its QDR InfiniBand switches range from fixed configuration to configurable, modular director class switches.
Converged Networking: The companys enhanced Ethernet based portfolio included in its converged networking products consists of CNAs and IEAs. CNAs are a new class of networking products that support the emerging fibre Ccannel over Ethernet technology. FCoE is a converged networking technology that provides a storage and data network over enhanced Ethernet, while preserving the investment in existing Fibre Channel infrastructure and storage. The companys CNAs enable network convergence by combining the benefits of Fibre Cha
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QLOGIC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QLOGIC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QLOGIC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QLOGIC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QLOGIC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QLogic Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QLogic Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QLogic Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QLogic Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QLogic Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. QLOGIC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QLOGIC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QLOGIC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QLOGIC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QLOGIC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QLOGIC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QLogic Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QLogic Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QLogic Corp. Major Shareholders
QLogic Corp. History
QLogic Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QLogic Corp. Offices and Representations
QLogic Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QLogic Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QLogic Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
QLogic Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
QLogic Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QLogic Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
QLogic Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QLogic Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
QLogic Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
QLogic Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QLogic Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QLogic Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?