- The report contains detailed information about Proxim Wireless Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Proxim Wireless Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Proxim Wireless Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Proxim Wireless Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Proxim Wireless Corporation business.
About Proxim Wireless Corporation
Proxim Wireless Corporation provides high-speed wireless communications equipment and services in the United States and internationally. The companys systems enable service providers, enterprises, and governmental organizations to deliver high-speed data, voice, and video connectivity enabling a range of applications.
The company provides wireless solutions for the mobile enterprise, security and surveillance, last mile access, voice and data backhaul, and municipal networks. Its wireless systems address the need of its customers and end-users to deploy high-speed communication networks.
The company offers broadband wireless equipment in several technology segments, including Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi mesh, WiMAX, and point to point (PTP) which includes millimeter wave. The company offers products in three primary categories: broadband wireless access (BWA), including proprietary point-to-multipoint (PMP), standards-based WiMAX, outdoor Wi-Fi mesh, and MeshMAX products; enterprise Wi-Fi products primarily for use indoors, including its access points and Wi-Fi client devices; and PTP products. The company serves its equipment customers primarily indirectly through a global network of distributors, value-added resellers, product integrators, and original equipment manufacturers, and to a lesser extent, directly through its internal sales force.
The company classifies its broadband wireless products primarily into three product lines: Broadband Wireless Access (BWA), Enterprise Wi-Fi, and Point-to-Point (PTP).
The BWA product line includes proprietary point-to-multipoint (PMP) Tsunami MP.11 products, PMP WiMAX Forum Certified Tsunami MP.16 products, outdoor Wi-Fi mesh, and MeshMAX products. The Enterprise Wi-Fi product line includes ORiNOCO 802.11 a/b/g/n access point and client card products. The PTP product line includes its Tsunami, Lynx, and GigaLink products. The company designs its products and systems generally to use common features, components, and software.
Broadband Wireless Access Products
The companys BWA point-to-multipoint systems enable service providers, businesses, and other enterprises to connect end-users to a central hub or connect multiple facilities with in their private networks. The companys PMP systems are deployed in a hub and spoke configuration consisting of a single central hub (or base station) and equipment located at remote end users locations. The base station wirelessly connects to the remote customer premises equipment, prioritizing transmissions and allocating slots of time to each end-user. Base stations are capable of supporting multiple pieces of equipment at remote locations. The base station in a service provider deployment is generally connected to the central office of a carrier or other service provider by a wired or wireless backhaul connection (such as its point-to-point products).
The company has both proprietary PMP products and WiMAX standards-based PMP products. Thus, its WiMAX products are designed to interoperate with other IEEE WiMAX products. The companys proprietary PMP products include its Tsunami MP.11 products, and its WiMAX PMP products include its MP.16 3500.
Tsunami MP.11: This product line supports PMP applications in unlicensed frequency bands. Some of these WiMAX like features include: scheduled media access controller (MAC), also known as polling, to enable a base station to hear all subscriber stations, preventing nodes from interfering with each other and thus increasing system throughput; and orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), which enables near-line-of-sight connections. Additional features include: WiMAX Quality of Service (QoS); roaming with handoffs at speeds up to 200 km/hour; and dynamic frequency selection (DFS) which has received EN 301-893 v1.3.1 certification.
In 2008, the company extended the MP.11 product line to include a high security FIPS certified product targeted at government, financial and healthcare institutions. The MP.11HS products support 256 bit AES encryption, secure management and FIPS 1402 level 2 certification. Frequencies supported include 2.4GHz, 5.15-5.85GHz and 1.8GHz for federal
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Proxim Wireless Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Proxim Wireless Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Proxim Wireless Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Proxim Wireless Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Proxim Wireless Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Proxim Wireless Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Proxim Wireless Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Proxim Wireless Corporation Major Shareholders
Proxim Wireless Corporation History
Proxim Wireless Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Proxim Wireless Corporation Offices and Representations
Proxim Wireless Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Proxim Wireless Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Proxim Wireless Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Proxim Wireless Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Proxim Wireless Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Proxim Wireless Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Proxim Wireless Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Proxim Wireless Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Proxim Wireless Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Proxim Wireless Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Proxim Wireless Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Proxim Wireless Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?