- The report contains detailed information about ProPhotonix Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ProPhotonix Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ProPhotonix Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ProPhotonix Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ProPhotonix Limited business.
About ProPhotonix Limited
ProPhotonix Limited engages in the design, development, and manufacture of low power laser modules and related optics. In addition, the company distributes laser diodes for diode manufacturers, and develops and manufactures light emitting diode (LEDs) systems and specialty optical fiber (SOF). It also distributes laser diodes through Photonic Products subsidiary. The company's products serve a range of applications and industries, including machine vision and industrial inspection, biomedical and medical, defense and security, and other commercial applications.
The company operates in three segments: Laser Products; Photonic Products Segment; and Optical Components. The Laser Products Group consists of structured light lasers, LED systems, and related optics for machine vision, industrial inspection, medical, commercial, and defense and security applications. Photonic Products segment sells laser diodes and laser diodes modules for industrial, commercial, and medical applications. Optical Components segment includes specialty optical fiber, fiber assemblies, and diffractive optics for industrial, defense, medical, and telecommunications markets.
Principal Products and Markets
Laser Products Group
The company is an independent designer and manufacturer of configurable products for the inspection, machine vision, medical, military, and other industrial and commercial markets utilizing laser, structured light, and LED technologies.
The companys Lasiris brand industrial packaged diode lasers are used in the industrial inspection and 3-D machine vision industries and have been introduced into the biomedical and military markets for specialized applications. Lasers are used for contour mapping of parts, surface defect detection, depth measurements, alignment, and as an excitation source for bio-medical fluorescence applications.
In industrial inspection applications, these products are used to screen parts for defects that do not conform to specifications. For biomedical applications, its uniform laser patterns may be used in flow cytometry, optical DNA sequencing, and confocal microscopy instruments to detect specific cells in a flow of fluid and other types of analysis.
The company engages in the design and manufacturing of beam-shaping optics. Lasiris patented optical lenses produce non-Gaussian (evenly illuminated) distinct laser lines or laser light patterns. The companys Lasiris Flat-top optics used in conjunction with its lasers is being adapted for flow cytometry instruments. The companys Pure Beam and Powerline laser lines with beam shaping optics are targeted at the bio-medical instrumentation market.
The companys Photonic Products Ltd. subsidiary manufactures custom designed laser modules and other electro-optical sub-assemblies and optoelectronic components based on semiconductor laser diode technology. Products include thermo-electrically cooled laser modules, laser alignment systems, circular beam laser diode modules and elliptical beam modules, receptacle packaged laser diodes, and pigtailed laser diodes. These products are used in medical and commercial applications and other industries. The company is also an authorized distributor of visible, infrared and blue violet laser diodes for Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd., Opnext Inc. and Sony Corp.
Optical Components Group
The company is an independent designer and manufacturer of specialty optical fiber, fiber assemblies and phase masks, items which are primarily used by manufacturers of fiber optic sensors, fiber optic gyroscopes (FOGs), fiber lasers, and optical amplifiers. The company introduced a new thulium-doped optical fiber product for fiber lasers in June 2008.
The companys specialty optical fibers fall into a handful of categories: rare-earth doped fibers, polarization maintaining fibers, bend insensitive fibers, select cut-off fibers, polyimide-coated fibers, and photosensitive fibers. The companys polarization-maintaining fiber is used in FOGs, which are acceleration sensors that serve in various aerospace, machining and military applications. Bend insensitive fiber is used in devices, such as fiber optic hydrophones, which detect acoustic waves in marine applications. The company also manufactures 0.66 and 0.55 numerical aperture glass fiber, in addition to polymer clad fused silica (quartz) fiber that is used in fiber optic components.
The companys principal suppliers include Sanyo, Sony, Arima Optoelectronics Corp., and Opnext Inc.
The companys customer base consists of approximately 1,500 customers in various industries worldwide.
The company competes against Power Technology, Inc. and Coherent Inc. in the United States, Global Laser Ltd. and Schafter & Kirchoff GMBH in Europe. In the SOF market, the company's major competitors are OFS, Fibercore Ltd., and Nufern Inc. The company's high-intensity LED systems business competes occasionally with similar products from Elcos GMBH (subsidiary of Perkin Elmer) and Schott GMBH.
The company was incorporated in 1951. It was formerly known as StockerYale, Inc. and changed its name to ProPhotonix Limited on June 23, 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ProPhotonix Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ProPhotonix Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ProPhotonix Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ProPhotonix Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ProPhotonix Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PROPHOTONIX LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ProPhotonix Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ProPhotonix Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ProPhotonix Limited Major Shareholders
ProPhotonix Limited History
ProPhotonix Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ProPhotonix Limited Offices and Representations
ProPhotonix Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ProPhotonix Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ProPhotonix Limited Capital Market Snapshot
ProPhotonix Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ProPhotonix Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ProPhotonix Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ProPhotonix Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ProPhotonix Limited 1-year Stock Charts
ProPhotonix Limited 5-year Stock Charts
ProPhotonix Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ProPhotonix Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ProPhotonix Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?