- The report contains detailed information about Presstek Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Presstek Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Presstek Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Presstek Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Presstek Inc. business.
About Presstek Inc.
Presstek, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of digital imaging solutions to the graphic arts industry worldwide. The companys products include Digital Imaging (DI) digital offset presses, chemistry-free computer-to-plate (CTP) systems, workflow solutions, chemistry-free printing plates, no preheat thermal CTP plates and a line of prepress and press room consumables. It also offers a range of technical services for its customers.
The companys Presstek segment provides research, new product development, systems integration, equipment manufacturing and plate manufacturing. It also serves as the center for marketing, sales and service for its digital offset printing solutions, as well as the distribution of its third-party products.
Presstek 52DI Press: The Presstek 52DI is a landscape format 52cm direct imaging press with a maximum sheet size of 20.47 inches x 14.76 inches. The Presstek 52DI images all four chemistry-free printing plates on press in 4.5 minutes in precise register at 2540 dpi and supports up to 300 lpi and FM screening.
Presstek 52DI - ACPress: The Presstek 52DI-AC builds on the precise registration, output, and automation of the Presstek 52DI by adding an in-line aqueous coater. With the Presstek 52DI-AC, coating is applied to sheets in one pass through the press without drying problems. The 52DI-AC offers the same format size and resolution as the 52DI.
Presstek 34DI Press: The Presstek 34DI is a portrait format 34cm direct imaging press with a maximum sheet size of 13.39 inches x 18.11 inches and a maximum image area of 12.99 inches x 17.22 inches. The Presstek 34DI images all four chemistry-free printing plates on press in 4.5 minutes in precise register at 2540 dpi and supports up to 300 lpi and FM screening.
ProFire Digital Media: ProFire Digital Media is designed to work as a system with the laser imaging and press components of ProFire and ProFire Excel enabled DI presses (such as the Presstek 34 and 52DI). ProFire Digital Media for DI presses is rated for 20,000 impressions. It is manufactured with an ink-accepting polyester base layer, a middle layer of titanium, and a top layer of silicone. During imaging, the heat from lasers removes the top two layers of the plate, exposing the ink receptive polyester layer.
PearlDry Plus: Formulated in a similar fashion as ProFire Digital media, PearlDry Plus is designed to work in conjunction with previous generation DI presses. In conjunction with Pressteks DI imaging, PearlDry Plus allows presses to produce a high resolution, 21 micron spot and supports print quality up to 200-line screen. For DI applications PearlDry Plus is delivered in polyester-based spools. PearlDry Plus is rated for 20,000 impressions.
PearlDry: PearlDry is used for direct-to-press applications that require an aluminum-backed plate, such as the 74Karat press manufactured by Koenig & Bauer, AG of Germany (KBA). The plate uses a specially formulated silicone material that is coated over the metalized infrared absorbing layer that is then bonded to an aluminum base.
Compass Series: The Compass Series of platesetters includes the 4-page Compass 4000 Series and the 8-page Compass 8000 Series. These productive platesetters range in production speeds from 15 to 38 plates per hour. Presstek Compass platesetters, imaging up to 250 lpi (100 l/cm), are optimized for use with Pressteks Aurora Pro chemistry-free plates and also image a range of other low energy (830 nm laser) third-party thermal plates.
Dimension Pro Series: Pressteks Dimension Pro Series of platesetters are entry-level to mid-range CTP solutions that image thermal plates. The Dimension Pro 800 eight-page platesetter images plates up to 45 inches x 33 inches, at speeds of approximately 15 plates per hour and the Dimension Pro 400 four-page platesetter images plates up to 33 inches x 39 inches, at speeds of approximately 43 plates per hour. Pressteks Aeon, Aurora Pro and Anthem Pro plates are suited for the Dimension Pro Series.
Dimension Excel Series: The Dimension Excel Series of plat
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRESSTEK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRESSTEK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRESSTEK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRESSTEK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRESSTEK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Presstek Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Presstek Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Presstek Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Presstek Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Presstek Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRESSTEK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRESSTEK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRESSTEK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRESSTEK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRESSTEK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRESSTEK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Presstek Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Presstek Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Presstek Inc. Major Shareholders
Presstek Inc. History
Presstek Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Presstek Inc. Offices and Representations
Presstek Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Presstek Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Presstek Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Presstek Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Presstek Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Presstek Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Presstek Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Presstek Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Presstek Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Presstek Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Presstek Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Presstek Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?