Panasonic Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisPanasonic Corporation Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Panasonic Corporation and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Panasonic Corporation position in the Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Panasonic Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Panasonic Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Panasonic Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Panasonic Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Panasonic Corporation business.
About Panasonic Corporation
Panasonic Corporation engages in the production and sales of electronic and electric products, systems, and components for a range of consumer, business, and industrial needs.
The companys segments include Digital AVC Networks, Home Appliances, PEW and PanaHome, Components and Devices, SANYO, and Other.
DIGITAL AVC NETWORKS
The company's principal products in Digital AVC Networks segment include video and audio equipment and information and communications equipment. This segment provides hardware, software, services and solutions built on various technologies. In addition to developing products with its proprietary technology, Digital AVC Networks links together equipment to offer consumers various lifestyles.
In the digital AVC business, the company manufactures a product group containing various AV, security, electronic, and Internet-enabled equipment that can be linked to a flat-panel VIERA TV and operated with a single remote (VIERA Link).
In the mobile communications business, the company offers mobile phones incorporating various technologies, and communications infrastructure equipment, such as base stations. The company links mobile phones with its other wide-ranging products, such as the DIGA Blu-ray Disc/DVD recorders.
In the automotive electronics business, the company is developing operations in various fields, from car navigation systems to key devices, such as engine control unit and batteries for eco cars. The company offers portable Strada Pocket car navigation systems.
The company's principal products in this segment include home appliances, such as refrigerators, room air conditioners, washing machines and clothes dryers, and vacuum cleaners. This segment also includes lighting and environmental systems.
In home appliances, the company offers products and services in the fields of peoples daily living environments closely linked to clothing, food and housing. It also develops products tailored to peoples lives and enhances environmental performance. In 2009, company marketed its home appliance products, such as room air conditioners, under the Panasonic brand in Japan. The company introduced refrigerators and washing machines with cutting-edge technologies in Europe in 2009. In the lighting business, the company develops products that conserve energy and resources, and are based on universal design.
The environmental systems business of Panasonic is developing ventilation fan systems, indoor air quality products and environmental engineering businesses, to offer environmentally-conscious and comfortable lifestyles, and a recycling-oriented society.
PEW AND PANAHOME
This segment includes Panasonic Electric Works Co., Ltd. (PEW), PanaHome Corporation (PanaHome) and their respective subsidiaries. PEW manufactures, sells, installs and provides services related to various products. These include electrical construction materials, home appliances, building products, electronic materials and automation controls.
The company's electrical construction materials business sells home fire alarms. In the home appliances business, it offers aesthetic products, such as nanocare facial ionic steamers. In electronic materials business, it offers multilayer printed circuit board materials and semiconductor encapsulation materials. The companys personal care products include nanoparticle ion steamers. It is developing its business under the basic concept of offering Eco-Life Homes that provide people- and environment-conscious living spaces.
COMPONENTS AND DEVICES
The Components and Devices business segment supplies components and devices used in various products ranging from digital AV equipment and information and communication devices to home appliances and industrial equipment.
In the semiconductor business, the company provides a range of semiconductor products as total solutions, such as system LSIs integrating multiple functions on a single chip, and image sensors delivering higher picture quality for digital cameras. The company has an application/transmission integrated LSI that combines one system LSI for the communications function o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PANASONIC CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PANASONIC CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PANASONIC CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PANASONIC CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PANASONIC CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Panasonic Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Panasonic Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Panasonic Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Panasonic Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Panasonic Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PANASONIC CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PANASONIC CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. PANASONIC CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PANASONIC CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PANASONIC CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PANASONIC CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Panasonic Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Panasonic Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Panasonic Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Panasonic Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Panasonic Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Panasonic Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Panasonic Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Panasonic Corporation Key Executives
Panasonic Corporation Major Shareholders
Panasonic Corporation History
Panasonic Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Panasonic Corporation Offices and Representations
Panasonic Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Panasonic Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Panasonic Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Panasonic Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Panasonic Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Panasonic Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?