- The report contains detailed information about Overland Storage Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Overland Storage Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Overland Storage Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Overland Storage Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Overland Storage Inc. business.
About Overland Storage Inc.
Overland Storage, Inc. provides data management and data protection solutions for moving and storing data throughout the organization and during the entire data lifecycle.
Products and Services
The companys data management and data protection solutions provide SMEs, SMBs, enterprise departments and branch offices with disk-based systems for primary or nearline storage, disk backup and recovery, and software for data management and protection. For long-term storage requirements, it offers solutions for tape backup and archive.
Snap Server SAN Storage Area Network (SAN) Solutions
The companys SnapSAN product line provides block-based primary storage for virtual server environments and low latency applications. Systems can be managed directly through Windows or VMware vCenter, and the intuitive management console employs guided wizards. The SnapSAN products also offer a set of features, including auto provisioning, mirroring for high availability, replication, and snapshots for data protection.
The companys SnapSAN S2000 is a 2U iSCSI SAN appliance designed for administration. The SnapSANTM S2000 can be configured with up to 12 SATA II drives for 12 terabytes or 24 terabytes of storage capacity; or 12 high performance SAS drives for 3.6 terabytes or 7.2 terabytes of storage capacity. SATA and SAS drives can also be intermixed in the S2000 for increased flexibility. The SnapSAN S2000 can be scaled to 192 terabytes by adding up to 7 Snap Server E2000 Expansion enclosures.
Snap Server Network-Attached Storage (NAS) Solutions
Snap Server family is an ideal platform for primary or nearline storage. With a range of appliances, from compact, portable desktop systems to rackmount systems, the Snap Server line delivers proven stability and integration with Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Macintosh environments. For virtual servers and database applications, the Snap Server family supports iSCSI block-level access with Microsoft VSS, and VDS integration to simplify Windows management. For data protection, the Snap Server family offers replication, snapshots for point-in-time recovery and the ability to back up to disk, VTL, or tape.
Rackmount Systems: The Snap Server 410, 620, and N2000 are rack-mountable systems intended for the server room or data center. The Snap Server 410 is a 1U server configured with 4 SATA II drives for 2 terabytes, 4 terabytes or 8 terabytes of storage capacity and supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10; the Snap Server 620 is a 1U server configured with either 4 SATA II drives for 2 terabytes, 4 terabytes or 8 terabytes of storage capacity or 4 high performance SAS drives for 1.2 terabytes of storage capacity. The Snap Server 620 can also be scaled to 176 terabytes by adding up to 7 Snap Server S50 Expansion enclosures and supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10; and the Snap Server N2000 is a 2U server that can be configured with up to 12 SATAII drives for 12 terabytes or 24 terabytes of storage capacity or 12 high performance SAS drives for 3.6 terabytes or 7.2 terabytes of storage capacity. The Snap Server N2000 can be scaled to 144 terabytes by adding up to 5 Snap Server E2000 expansion enclosures and supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10.
Desktop Systems: The Snap Server 110 and 210 are designed for easy set up and maintenance and are ideal solutions for branch and remote offices or departments that do not have dedicated IT personnel. These systems provide network accessible storage and cost effective data protection in a compact, portable, desktop storage unit. The Snap Server 110 is configured with a single SATA II drive for either 500 gigabytes or 2 terabytes of storage capacity. The Snap Server 210 is configured with 2 SATA II drives for a total of 1 terabyte, 2 terabytes or 4 terabytes of storage capacity and supports RAID levels 0 and 1.
REO Virtual Tape Library (VTL) Solutions
The companys REO SERIES VTL solutions provide disk-based backup and recovery. Systems can be configured as virtual tape libraries, standalone virtual tape drives, and/or disk volumes, or LUNs. Powered by its REO Protection OS software, its REO systems include a feature known as dynamic virtu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Overland Storage Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Overland Storage Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Overland Storage Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Overland Storage Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Overland Storage Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OVERLAND STORAGE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Overland Storage Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Overland Storage Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Overland Storage Inc. Major Shareholders
Overland Storage Inc. History
Overland Storage Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Overland Storage Inc. Offices and Representations
Overland Storage Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Overland Storage Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Overland Storage Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Overland Storage Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Overland Storage Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Overland Storage Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Overland Storage Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Overland Storage Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Overland Storage Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Overland Storage Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Overland Storage Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Overland Storage Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?