- The report contains detailed information about Optelecom-NKF Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Optelecom-NKF Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Optelecom-NKF Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Optelecom-NKF Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Optelecom-NKF Inc. business.
About Optelecom-NKF Inc.
Optelecom-NKF, Inc. develops video network solutions for traffic monitoring and security of departments, airports, seaports, casinos, public transport authorities, hospitals, city centers, shopping centers, military bases, and corporate and government campuses.
Products and Markets
The company is a global supplier of network video equipment, including video codecs and servers, fiber optic systems, network video recorders, Ethernet switches, and video management software. It sells its products worldwide through direct sales, commercial integrators and resellers. The company manufactures Siqura advanced video surveillance solutions. The Video over IP solutions product line includes video servers / codecs, IP cameras, Ethernet switches, recording, and storage equipment
Video over IP solutions
Codecs/Servers for Video Compression: The company's line of Siqura video codec/server portfolio ranges from low bandwidth compact video servers to field-hardened codec platforms. Its single- and multi-channel codecs/servers are available in MJPEG, MPEG-4, and MPEG-2, as well as H.264 video compression formats. The company's video codec/servers are designed with a focus on standardization. Its embedded open streaming architecture (OSA) offers standardized streaming of video and remote control.
Cameras: The company's Siqura cameras address the requirements of CCTV security systems. The Siqura portfolio of cameras consists of boxed cameras, fixed dome cameras, mini-dome cameras, and high-speed dome cameras.
Software Management Solutions: The company's software suite ranges from single and multi-server Video Management Systems for small and medium video surveillance applications to operator solutions (Operator Storage, Operator Office, and MX Viewer Lite) to support system critical video surveillance applications. The suite also includes a development kit (MX SDK) for integration with third-party software applications. In addition, management and configuration tools are available for maintenance and service purposes.
Network Video Recording (i-NVR): The Siqura-NVR provides an intelligent network video storage solution designed to support the demanding video surveillance applications in which operational availability and reliability are key. Ranging from 8- to 64-channel configurations with RAID-5 capability, the Siqura-NVR offers a set of features for scheduled continuous recording and event-driven operations (video motion detection) in support of alarm recording.
Video Network Equipment
The company's portfolio includes field-hardened network equipment consisting of gigabit Ethernet switches, fast Ethernet switches, and models with built-in video encoders. The switches are both mechanically and electrically compatible with the companys MC series 19-inch power supply rack, offering hybrid network solutions.
Video over Fiber Optics
MC Series: The MC series of the companys products is specifically designed for safety, security, and transportation applications. With its design and its selected combinations of video, data, and audio channels, the MC series offers a range of point-to-point fiber optic video surveillance solutions.
9000 Series: The 9000 series of the companys products is specifically tailored to support government and transportation applications. With its modular design and ability to utilize coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM) drop and insert technology, the 9000 series offers flexibility by combining various video, data, and audio channels. In addition, 9000 series system modules are supported by a remote network management capability (9900- NMS), which offers users the ability to remotely manage optical wavelengths and overall system performance.
Electro Optics Products
In addition to its two primary product categories of video over IP and video over fiber optics, the company operates an electro optics (EO) group focused on interferometric fiber optic gyro coils and manufacturing optical devices, primarily to U.S. government defense industry customers. In EO, emphasis has been placed on fabrication of precision-wound coils of optical fiber used as the sensing elements of fiber optic gyroscopes. EO also produces precision wound coils for applications ranging from optical fiber dispensers used in remote vehicle control systems to precision optical fiber coils for communications systems.
The company was founded in 1972. It was formerly known as Optelecom, Inc. and changed its name to Optelecom-NKF, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Optelecom-NKF Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Optelecom-NKF Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Optelecom-NKF Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Optelecom-NKF Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Optelecom-NKF Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPTELECOM-NKF INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Major Shareholders
Optelecom-NKF Inc. History
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Offices and Representations
Optelecom-NKF Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Optelecom-NKF Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Optelecom-NKF Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Optelecom-NKF Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Optelecom-NKF Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Optelecom-NKF Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?