- The report contains detailed information about Norsat International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Norsat International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Norsat International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Norsat International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Norsat International Inc. business.
About Norsat International Inc.
Norsat International Inc. engages in the design, development, and marketing of satellite ground equipment.
The companys equipment is located on earth and falls under the category of satellite ground equipment. Norsat concentrates on ground equipment that is central to the transmission and reception of content for commercial and military applications. Norsats products are addressed the U.S. government and broadcast television markets.
The companys segments include Microwave Products, Satellite Systems, Wireless Networks, and Maritime Products.
Microwave Products Business Segment
This segments product portfolio of microwave components includes a range of satellite receivers (LNBs), transmitters (BUCs), solid-state power amplifiers (SSPAs) and other customized products. Microwave components enable the transmission, reception, and amplification of signals to and from satellites.
Low Noise Block down converters (LNBs), are required by every satellite antenna (or dish) irrespective of aperture or location. The LNB is mounted at the focal point of the dish to convert incoming microwave signals into electrical signals that are routed to the remote receiver or indoor unit. Satellite transmitters or Block Up Converters (BUCs) convert electrical signals into microwave signals that can be transmitted to an orbiting satellite.
Competition: The primary competition for this business unit comes from New Japan Radio Corporation.
Satellite Systems Business Segment
This segments product portfolio of portable satellite systems includes the Norsat GLOBETrekker and OmniLink satellite systems. Portable satellite systems provide rapidly deployable broadband connectivity over satellite where traditional communications infrastructure is insufficient, unreliable, damaged or non-existent.
The GLOBETrekker is an intelligent, ultra-portable satellite system that enables users to establish a broadband connection on short notice. It is designed to be carried in a backpack, is airline checkable, and fits in small vehicles. The GLOBETrekker is suitable for users who are highly mobile.
The Norsat Rover is a satellite terminal that fits into a single extended-mission backpack. The Norsat Rover offers a terminal that is capable of data transfer rates of approximately 1.0 Mbps and is still compact enough to fit into a single backpack. This product line is suitable for use by government and peacekeeping agencies, broadcasters, resource exploration companies, distance education institutions, financial institutions, and large corporations.
Competition: The company faces competition from GSC, a subsidiary of L3 (NYSE: LLL), TCS, Globecomm Systems, and privately held Gigasat. It faces competition from Swe-Dish, a subsidiary of Datapath, a privately held company. The company also faces competition from systems integrators who construct systems on a custom basis for the military, including Thales, Finmecchanica, EADS, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon.
In the broadcast and commercial markets, the company faces competition from terrestrial alternatives, such as microwave radio vendors and the traditional providers of portable satellite systems, including Swe-Dish, VisLink PLCs Advent business unit, Gigasat and Holkirk Communications. It also faces competition from service providers, such as Caprock (www.caprock.com) and Spacenet, a subsidiary of Gilat.
Wireless Networks Segment
This segment develops, markets, and deploys wireless communications systems that address a customers need to solve connectivity challenges covering an area larger than Wi-Fi solutions. These solutions are specific technology agnostic and can be based on different protocols, such as Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX), LTE, and/or 4G.
Competition: The company faces competition from Redline Communications Group Ltd., Alvarion Ltd., and Wi-LAN Inc.
Maritime Communications Segment
This segment provides broadband connectivity over satellite for industries that operate in a marine environment.
The company sells most of its microwave components and portable satellite system, other than those bound for the U.S. Government, through resellers.
The company was founded in 1977. It was formerly known as NII Norsat International Inc. and changed its name to Norsat International Inc. in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Norsat International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Norsat International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Norsat International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Norsat International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Norsat International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORSAT INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Norsat International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Norsat International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Norsat International Inc. Major Shareholders
Norsat International Inc. History
Norsat International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Norsat International Inc. Offices and Representations
Norsat International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Norsat International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Norsat International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Norsat International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Norsat International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Norsat International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Norsat International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Norsat International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Norsat International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Norsat International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Norsat International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Norsat International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?