- The report contains detailed information about MTS Systems Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MTS Systems Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MTS Systems Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MTS Systems Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MTS Systems Corp. business.
About MTS Systems Corp.
MTS Systems Corporation supplies test systems and industrial position sensors primarily in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
The company operates in two segments, the Test segment and the Sensors segment.
The Test segment provides testing solutions, including hardware, software, and aftermarket support. Products are used by customers in their development of new products and in certain quality control applications to characterize the products mechanical properties. The companys products simulate forces and motions that these customers expect their products to encounter in use. Mechanical testing in a lab setting is an accepted method to accelerate product development compared to limited prototype release, proving ground testing and virtual testing as it provides controlled simulation and measurement. A typical test system includes a load frame to hold the prototype specimen, a hydraulic pump or electro-mechanical power source, piston actuators to create the force or motion, and a computer controller with specialized software to coordinate the actuator movement and record and manipulate results. Lower force and less dynamic testing can usually be accomplished with electro-mechanical power sources. Higher force and dynamic testing typically require hydraulically powered systems. In addition to these basic components, the Test segment sells various accessories and spare parts, as well as services, including installation, calibration, maintenance, training, and consulting.
Products and customers are grouped by the company into the following three global markets:
Infrastructure: This market has customer testing uses ranging from the physical characterization of basic materials, such as ceramics, composites and steel, to high-force and high frequency applications for seismic event or blast simulation, drill bit testing for the petroleum industry, and alternative wind energy. Bio-medical applications include systems to test wear and performance of implants, prostheses, and other medical and dental materials and devices.
Ground Vehicles: This market consists of automobile, truck, motorcycle, motorsports vehicles, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, rail, and off-road vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers. Test segment system and service products are utilized in customer testing of vehicles, subsystems, and components. System examples include road and track simulators, tire performance, and transmission test systems.
Aerospace: This market consists of manufacturers of commercial, military, and private aircraft and their suppliers, as well as alternative wind energy customers. These customers use the company's products, systems, and software to perform static and fatigue testing of aircraft and space vehicles, as well as sub-systems, components, and materials for both aircraft and alternative wind energy products.
The Sensors segment products are used by industrial machinery and mobile equipment manufacturers to automate the operation of their products. The customer industries include manufacturers of plastic injection molding machines, steel mills, fluid power, oil and gas, medical, wood product processing equipment, mobile equipment, and alternative energy. Sensors segment products are also used to measure fluid displacement, such as liquid levels for customers in the process industries.
The Sensors segment manufactures products utilizing magnetostriction technology. The company has developed an implementation of the technology, known as Temposonics. This technology offers high speed and precise non-contact position sensing. It is suitable for use in harsh operating environments.
Sales and Service
The company has sales and service subsidiaries in Toronto, Canada; Berlin, Germany; Paris, France; Cirencester, the United Kingdom; Turin, Italy; Gothenburg, Sweden; Tokyo and Nagoya, Japan; Seoul, Korea; and Shanghai and Shenzhen, China.
MTS Systems Corporation was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MTS Systems Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MTS Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MTS Systems Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MTS Systems Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MTS Systems Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MTS SYSTEMS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MTS Systems Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MTS Systems Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MTS Systems Corp. Major Shareholders
MTS Systems Corp. History
MTS Systems Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MTS Systems Corp. Offices and Representations
MTS Systems Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MTS Systems Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MTS Systems Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
MTS Systems Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
MTS Systems Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MTS Systems Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MTS Systems Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MTS Systems Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
MTS Systems Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
MTS Systems Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MTS Systems Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MTS Systems Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?