- The report contains detailed information about MOCON Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MOCON Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MOCON Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MOCON Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MOCON Inc. business.
About MOCON Inc.
MOCON, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing and servicing of products primarily in the measurement and analytical instrument and services markets. The companys products include instruments that detect, measure, and monitor gases and chemical compounds. Its products serve markets from foods, beverages, pharmaceuticals and consumer products, to oil and gas exploration, industrial safety and homeland security.
Products and Services
Permeation Products and Services
The companys permeation products consist of systems and services that measure the rate at which various gases and vapors transmit through various materials. These products perform measurements under precise temperature and relative humidity conditions. The principal market for these products consists of manufacturers of packaging materials, including manufacturers of papers, plastic films, coatings and containers and the users of such packaging materials, such as companies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and consumer product industries.
The company also provides certain laboratory testing services to companies that have a need for its permeation products. These services consist primarily of testing film and package permeation for companies that wish to outsource their testing needs to the company; are interested in evaluating its instrumentation prior to purchase; or have purchased its products but have a need for additional capacity.
Permeation instruments that the company manufactures include OX-TRAN systems for oxygen transmission rates, PERMATRAN-W systems for water vapor transmission rates, and PERMATRAN-C systems for carbon dioxide transmission rates. The companys systems are available in a range of options for its customers. They are primarily marketed to both research and development departments, as well as production and quality assurance groups.
Gas Analyzer Instruments, Sensors and Detectors
The companys Baseline-MOCON, Inc. subsidiary located near Boulder, Colorado produces advanced gas analysis and monitoring instrumentation used in applications such as oil and gas exploration, process gas analysis, industrial hygiene and safety, environmental air monitoring and homeland security.
The company manufactures and sells two types of gas analyzer instrumentsgas chromatographs and total hydrocarbon analyzers. These instruments are typically installed in fixed locations at the monitoring sites and generally perform their functions of detecting and measuring various hydrocarbons continually or at regular intervals. It also sells gas sensors and detectors which are sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of mobile equipment.
The companys gas analyzer instruments, sensors and detectors are for use in industrial hygiene (detection of hazardous gases in the workplace), hydrocarbon gas analysis for oil and gas exploration, contaminant detection in the manufacture of specialty gases, and environmental monitoring (tracking the release, or the presence, of toxic substances). These substances can include the intentional release of toxic gases by terrorists which would be a homeland security application.
Packaging Products and Services
The company manufactures and sells two primary products in this groupheadspace analyzers and leak detection equipment. Its headspace analyzer products are used to analyze the amount and type of gas present in the headspace of packages, as applied to gas flushing modified or controlled atmosphere packaging. The principal market for these products consists of packagers of foods, beverages and pharmaceuticals. The companys headspace analyzer products include the PAC CHECK series of off-line headspace analyzers and the GSA series of on-line gas stream analyzers for continuous and intermittent monitoring of modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) and other gas flushing operations.
The company manufactures three types of leak detection instruments. The first type is a non-destructive leak detector that senses small amounts of carbon dioxide escaping from a package or tray. The second type of instrument detects leaks and checks for seal integrity by applying and measuring pressur
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MOCON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MOCON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MOCON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MOCON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MOCON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MOCON Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MOCON Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MOCON Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MOCON Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MOCON Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MOCON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MOCON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MOCON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MOCON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MOCON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MOCON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MOCON Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MOCON Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MOCON Inc. Major Shareholders
MOCON Inc. History
MOCON Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MOCON Inc. Offices and Representations
MOCON Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MOCON Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MOCON Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MOCON Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
MOCON Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MOCON Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MOCON Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MOCON Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MOCON Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MOCON Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MOCON Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MOCON Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?