- The report contains detailed information about Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. business.
About Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of embedded, real-time digital signal, and image processing systems and software for embedded and other specialized computing markets. Additionally, the company entered the defense prime contracting market space in 2008 through the creation of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mercury Federal Systems, Inc. (MFS) to focus on reaching the intelligence agencies and homeland security programs.
The company operates through two business lines: Advanced Computing Solutions and Emerging Businesses Unit.
Advanced Computing Solutions (ACS): This business unit is focused on specialized computing solutions with the market segments, including aerospace and defense, semiconductor, telecommunications, and medical diagnostic imaging. This segment also provides software (commercial and defense) and customized design services for military and commercial applications.
Emerging Businesses Unit (EBU): This business units areas of focus include services and support work with federal intelligence agencies and homeland security programs, including designing and engineering new ISR capabilities.
The company offers various products designed for requirements in compute-intensive, signal processing, and image processing applications. It introduced new open architecture based product line, the Ensemble Series of products, derived or designed from the architecture developed for the commercial Advanced TCA product line.
Ensemble 2000 and 8000 Series Micro TCA, and AdvancedTCA: The Ensemble 2000 and 8000 Series Micro TCA, and AdvancedTCA product lines include various products based on the AdvancedTCA form factor with digital signal processors from Texas Instruments, Incorporated, PPC processors from Freescale Inc., and FPGA chips from Xilinx, Inc. These products target the communication, industrial control, and medical imaging markets.
Ensemble 3000 Series 3U and Ensemble 6000 6U open VPX: The Ensemble 3000 Series 3U and Ensemble 6000 6U open VPX products are based on PPC processors from Freescale Inc. and FPGA chips from Xilinx, Inc. These products are targeted at electronic warfare, signal intelligence and radar defense applications, and general signal processing applications, such as air traffic control radar and commercial industrial applications in harsh environments.
Ensemble 4000 and 5000 Series: The Ensemble 4000 and 5000 Series product lines target the VME and VXS embedded markets with applications ranging from process control to signal processing applications. These product lines offers a spectrum of modules, from acquisition, digital signal processing, data processing, and control to visualization, using different type of processors or interconnect fabric.
Ensemble 7100 Series: The Ensemble 7100 Series product line is based upon open standard architecture to address the most demanding signal processing applications, which are targeted in the defense and commercial markets.
Other product lines
Echotek: Echotek provides engineering and product solutions for missions and applications for electronic warfare, surveillance, and commercial arenas. The Echotek products consist of RF tuners, synthesizer, digital converters, and FPGA engines.
PowerStream and RACE++ Series Product Line: The company provides technology upgrades to RACE++ products and as a result, these products continue to get new design wins. The company is finding that design wins in markets that previously utilized RACE++ Series VME form factors have begun to transition to newer technologies. For example, RapidIO switch fabric interconnect has started to displace RACE++ Series. The VXS and VPX REDI form factors have begun to replace traditional VME technology.
Single Board Computer products: The company offers various single board computer products and processor module products based on the PowerPC from Freescale or x86 processors from Intel Corporation. These products are used primarily as host processors in commercial and defense applications.
The company designs, markets, and sells software environments
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. History
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?