- The report contains detailed information about LRAD Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LRAD Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LRAD Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LRAD Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LRAD Corporation business.
About LRAD Corporation
LRAD Corporation engages in design, development, and commercialization of directed sound technologies and products primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company develops and delivers directed acoustic products that beam, focus, and control sound over short and long distances.
The company offers various directional sound products which meet a range of requirements from communicating with and deterring threats over distances approximately 300 meters with its hand-held LRAD 100X to distances approximately 1,500 meters with its LRAD-RX.
Technology and Products
The companys major technology platforms and related products are:
The companys LRAD represents a technology that creates a directed acoustic beam using minimal power to communicate at operational ranges with authority and intelligibility even in high ambient noise environments. LRAD hailing, notification, and warning systems feature a 15 to 30 degree acoustic beam and a range of approximately 1,500 meters. The LRAD also features a rugged construction that allows the product to meet the environmental requirements of military applications. LRAD can emit voice commands, prerecorded messages in multiple languages or deterrent tones to create a safety zone allowing operators to determine the intent, influence the behavior and gain compliance from approaching vessels, vehicles or personnel.
The companys LRAD-X product line features improved voice intelligibility and is available in various packages and form factors that serve the militarys environmental requirements. The companys LRAD-X product line provides a range of systems from single man portable to permanently installed, remotely operated infrastructure protection. The LRAD-X series consists of:
LRAD 1000Xselected by the U.S. Navy as its acoustic hailing and warning device (AHD) for its Block 0 program of the Shipboard Protection Systemwould be manually operated to provide long distance hailing and warning with highly intelligible communication.
LRAD 500Xselected by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army as their AHD for small vessels and vehiclescan be transported to provide security personnel long-range communications and a hailing and warning capability where needed.
LRAD 300X is a compact solution offering intelligible mid-range communications in a rugged package for use on small vessels, manned and unmanned vehicles, and aircraft.
LRAD 100X is a self-contained, battery powered portable system designed for use in various mass notification, law enforcement, and commercial security applications. It is suited for short-range perimeter security and communications.
LRAD-RX is the companys prescription for remotely controlled security. It enables system operators to detect and communicate with an intruder over long distances. LRAD-RX features an LRAD 1000X emitter head and an integrated internet protocol (IP)-addressable full pan and tilt drive system for precise aiming and tracking. The LRAD-RX would be operated remotely from anywhere across a transmission control protocol IP (TCP/IP) network enabling system operators to respond to security threats from a safe remote environment. The LRAD-RX is aimed and controlled by its proprietary pan and tilt drive system.
In September 2010, the company introduced the LRAD 300Xi and LRAD1000Xi, two variations to its product line with fully-integrated electronics offering its customers a flexible option to its remotely-controlled LRAD 300X and LRAD 1000X.
The companys SoundSaber thin film magnetic speaker technology, the primary product from its NeoPlanar speaker line, provides high clarity throughout the audio range for emergency and mass notification, public address, and high-end sound applications. SoundSaber products are based on its proprietary technology incorporating a thin film magnetic speaker that produces sound of low distortion and high volume. Its SoundSaber line of hardened panels provide intelligibility in challenging acoustic environments, such as hangar bays, industrial buildings, airports, and other facilities and delivers intelligible audio in approximately 500 meters. The company offers SoundSaber panels in various sizes for custom installation and packaged for installation in mass notification applications.
The company markets and sells products and services through its sales force based in California, Maine, Missouri, Rhode Island, and Washington.
The company makes direct sales to governments, military, large end-users, and defense-related companies. Its major customer is ADS, Inc. The ADS, Inc. is a reseller to end users in various branches of the military, such as the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army, the Department of Homeland Security, and international customers.
The company was founded in 1980. It was formerly known as American Technology Corporation and changed its name to LRAD Corporation in March 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LRAD CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LRAD CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LRAD CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LRAD CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LRAD CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LRAD Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LRAD Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LRAD Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LRAD Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LRAD Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LRAD CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LRAD CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LRAD CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LRAD CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LRAD CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LRAD CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LRAD Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LRAD Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LRAD Corporation Major Shareholders
LRAD Corporation History
LRAD Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LRAD Corporation Offices and Representations
LRAD Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LRAD Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LRAD Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
LRAD Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
LRAD Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LRAD Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LRAD Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LRAD Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
LRAD Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
LRAD Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LRAD Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LRAD Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?