- The report contains detailed information about LightPath Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LightPath Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LightPath Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LightPath Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LightPath Technologies Inc. business.
About LightPath Technologies Inc.
LightPath Technologies, Inc. manufactures optical components and assemblies, including precision molded glass aspheric optics, precision molded infrared molded optics, isolators, proprietary fiber-optic collimators, GRADIUM glass lenses, and other optical materials used to produce products that manipulate light.
The company designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes optical components and assemblies utilizing advanced optical manufacturing processes. Its products are incorporated into various applications by its customers in various industries, including defense products, medical devices, laser aided industrial tools, automotive safety applications, barcode scanners, optical data storage, hybrid fiber coax datacom, telecom, machine vision, and sensors.
The company has rights under a royalty-free perpetual license to the precision molded optics process. Products manufactured using this technology include glass aspheric lenses, sub-millimeter lenses and lens arrays. These products include wafer-scale molded glass aspheric lenses, anamorphic lenses and hybrid optical components like diffractives and its Infrared molded optics.
The companys molded glass aspheres are used in various laser and imaging applications in optical data storage, high precision printing, barcode scanning, environmental monitoring, machine vision, sensors, laser-to-fiber coupling, and medical equipment. The company sells aspheric lenses for various communications applications.
The company offers various lens designs utilizing its proprietary lead free glass ECO550 and other glasses, used for precision molded aspheric lenses. It is developing its molded infrared aspheric optics product line with new short (SWIR), mid (MWIR) and long (LWIR) materials; this product line is called the Black Diamond precision molded glass aspheric optics.
The company offers its precision molded infrared aspheric optics products for imaging applications in firefighting, predictive maintenance, homeland security, surveillance, automotive, and defense. In addition, the company has targeted niche markets, such as infrared laser systems that are used in gas sensing and environmental monitoring.
The company manufactures a family of laminate and custom isolators, and sells isolator assemblies for applications in communication markets.
The company is specifically targeting and selling high power collimators in various markets, such as fiber laser systems, Nd:YAG laser cutting and welding systems, and communications systems. The process to manufacture these collimators uses patented laser fusion technologies and robotics. These products may incorporate aspheric molded optics and GRADIUM lenses.
The company has developed GRADIUM glass as an optical quality glass material with axially varying refractive index, capable of reducing optical aberrations inherent in conventional lenses and performing with a single lens tasks performed by multi-element, conventional lens systems. Typical applications include surgical lasers, high power YAG lasers for welding, cutting and marking, defense-market uses, and test and measurement. GRADIUM handles approximately 10 kilowatts of power and services a niche market for high power YAG laser for laser cutting and laser welding. The smaller focused spot that GRADIUM lenses produce is utilized in the automotive industry to make sharper laser cuts for automotive body panels and hydro formed rails. The smaller spot size produced by GRADIUM lenses is also utilized in various medical, industrial, and instrumentation applications.
The company produces optical assemblies based on its proprietary technologies. It designs, builds, and sells optical assemblies into markets for test and measurement, medical devices, military, industrial, and communications. The OASIS product line consists of an optical isolator that is aligned and mounted to a molded aspheric lens.
Sales and Marketing
The companys product markets range from consumer (cameras and copiers) to industrial (lasers, data storage, and infrared imaging), from products where the lenses are the central feature (telescopes, microscopes, and lens systems) to products incorporating lens components (robotics and semiconductor production equipment) and communications (various optics are required for bandwidth expansion and improved data transfer for the optical network). The company has divided its sales staff into the following territories: eastern United States and eastern Canada; western United States and western Canada; China/Asia; and Europe/ROW.
The company's major customers include Crimson Trace; AMS Technologies AG; Thorlabs; and Edmunds Industrial Optics.
The company's suppliers include Hikari Glass; Corning, Inc.; and Hoya Corporation.
The company's competitors include Namiki, TDK, Tokin, Kyocera, Sumitomo, Optoskand, and Oz Optics.
LightPath Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LightPath Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LightPath Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LightPath Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LightPath Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LightPath Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIGHTPATH TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LightPath Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LightPath Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LightPath Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
LightPath Technologies Inc. History
LightPath Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LightPath Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
LightPath Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LightPath Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LightPath Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
LightPath Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
LightPath Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LightPath Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LightPath Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LightPath Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
LightPath Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
LightPath Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LightPath Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LightPath Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?