- The report contains detailed information about Lexmark International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lexmark International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lexmark International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lexmark International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lexmark International Inc. business.
About Lexmark International Inc.
Lexmark International, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and supply of printing and imaging solutions for the office. The companys products are sold in approximately 150 countries in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, the Pacific Rim, and the Caribbean.
The companys products include laser printers, inkjet printers, multifunction devices, dot matrix printers and associated supplies, services and solutions. It develops and owns the technology for its laser and inkjet products and related solutions.
The company is primarily managed along divisional lines: the Printing Solutions and Services Division (PSSD) and the Imaging Solutions Division (ISD).
The company offers a range of monochrome and color laser printers and MFPs along with customized solution applications and services to help businesses move beyond printing. In 2009, Lexmark introduced 33 new product models ranging from small workgroup offerings to large departmental multifunction products (MFPs).
Within the medium to large workgroup monochrome laser category, the company offers Lexmark T650 Series and Lexmark X650 Series products with the new Lexmark T656dne, the single-function monochrome A4 (8.5 inch x 11 inch) laser printer with a touch screen. Lexmarks Embedded Solutions Framework, the T656dne is preloaded with a Forms and Favorites application that allows for the printing of documents stored online, including web pages without the need for a PC.
The Lexmark X860 Series includes six new, A3-capable (11 inch x 17 inch) monochrome laser MFPs targeted to large workgroups and departments who have document needs. These touch-screen MFPs integrate the capabilities of standalone units and offer security features, in addition to a selection of input and finishing options and solution applications.
For small and midsize workgroups, the company offers its Lexmark E460 Series with the Lexmark E462dtn. The E462dtn offers two 250-sheet paper inputs, a 50-sheet multipurpose feeder, and a replacement toner cartridge with an 18,000-page capacity.
The company offers 11 new compact devices: the Lexmark X264dn, Lexmark X360 Series, Lexmark X460 and the Lexmark X200 Series. The Lexmark X264dn and X360 Series unite essential office functions into one solution.
The Lexmark X460 Series deliver a level of performance, with copying and user authentication for security. The Lexmark X200 Series provides solutions for the desktop.
The company offers the Lexmark X730 Series of color laser MFPs and the Lexmark C730 Series of color laser printers.
The Lexmark X546dtn and Lexmark C546dtn are designed for small to midsize workgroups or busy offices that need access to a device that delivers productivity-enhancing features and professional color printing. Both models feature Lexmarks Duo Drawer standard, providing up to 900 sheets of standard input capacity.
The Lexmark X730 Series of color laser MFPs combines color printing, copying, faxing and scanning in one multifunction device. The X730 Series has a large touch screen and includes Lexmarks Embedded Solutions Framework.
The Lexmark C730 Series of single-function color laser printers shares the X730s platform. The C730 Series prints on a range of paper types, from envelopes and labels to card stock. They can also add up to four stackable drawers to boost capacity up to 4,300 sheets.
For large workgroups or department users, the company offers the X782e XL, X940e and X945e color laser MFPs. The X940e and X945e are color laser MFPs that support media sizes up to A3 (11 inch x 17 inch) and finishing options, such as a booklet maker. The C782 models are A4 (8.5 inch x 11 inch) printers that deliver up to 35 color pages per minute. The C935 models are A3 (11 inch x 17 inch) printers that deliver up to 40 color pages per minute.
Lexmarks inkjet products primarily include AIO printers that offer print, copy, scan and fax functionality targeted at SOHO and business users. The new line-up of Lexmarks Professional Series is the Platinum Pro905 and the Prestige Pro805 which both feature the 4.3 inches Web connected touch screen with SmartSolutions technology, penny-per-page mono printing, large paper input capacity, Wireless-N (IEEE 802.11n) and Ethernet connectivity. Other Professional Series products include the Prevail Pro705 and Prospect Pro205. The 105XL black ink cartridge is available on the Professional Series Platinum and Prestige models.
Dot Matrix Products
The company markets dot matrix printer models for customers who print multi-part forms.
Sales and Marketing
The companys sales and marketing activities are focused on Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
The company designs, manufactures, and distributes a variety of cartridges and other supplies for use in its installed base of laser, inkjet and dot matrix printers.
In April 2010, Lexmark International Inc. announced the formation of Lexmark Government Solutions. Lexmark Government Solutions is focused on enhancing the company's ability to service and support federal government agencies, helping them reduce expenses, enable secure information sharing and reduce environmental impacts.
In November 2010, Lexmark International Inc. announced that it is combining its two divisions, which produce laser and inkjet printers, into a single operation.
In November 2010, Lexmark International Inc. combined its two printing organizations the Printing Solutions and Services Division (PS&SD) and the Imaging Solutions Division (ISD) into a single organization: Imaging Solutions and Services.
The company competes with copier companies, such as Canon, Ricoh and Xerox. Other laser competitors include Brother, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Okidata and Samsung. Lexmarks primary competitors in the inkjet product market are HP, Canon and Epson.
Lexmark International, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lexmark International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lexmark International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lexmark International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lexmark International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lexmark International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lexmark International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lexmark International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lexmark International Inc. Major Shareholders
Lexmark International Inc. History
Lexmark International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lexmark International Inc. Offices and Representations
Lexmark International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lexmark International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lexmark International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lexmark International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Lexmark International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lexmark International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lexmark International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lexmark International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lexmark International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lexmark International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lexmark International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lexmark International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?