- The report contains detailed information about LaserCard Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LaserCard Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LaserCard Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LaserCard Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LaserCard Corporation business.
About LaserCard Corporation
LaserCard Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of a range of secure identity (D) credentials; the provision of the associated system solutions for client data capture, credential personalization, and issuance; and the provision of professional services that support the design and implementation of these systems.
The company provides secure identity (ID) solutions to governments and commercial clients worldwide. Its ID credentials feature security features, including high resolution security printing and are offered with a range of machine readable technologies, either singly or in combinations, such as contact and contactless integrated circuit chips (smart chips), radio frequency identification (RFID) tags, and its own optical security media (OSM).
The company also manufactures a range of specialty cards and offers card personalization and ID management solutions under the CCD and Cards & More brands serving the European, Middle Eastern, African, and Asian markets. The companys cards and systems are used in countries worldwide, such as the United States, Germany, Angola, Italy, India, Costa Rica, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for applications, including government identification programs for citizens and foreign residents, vehicle registration, student campus card, and driver license applications service provision, and facility access.
The companys three reportable segments are OSM Cards; Drives, Systems, and Professional Services; and Specialty Cards and Card Printers.
Optical Security Media Cards
The company's OSM card is a secure, counterfeit-resistant identity credential which is used by national and state governments primarily in secure identification applications. The company also markets multi-technology cards to governments seeking credentials. The OSM acts as a secure visual card authentication feature, backs up the chip in case of failure or tampering, and stores an audit trail of events in the cards life for security and forensic purposes. In addition, the OSM can store a suite of original biometric images (such as face, fingerprints, and irises) to provide a means of ID verification across other government and private sector applications.
Markets: The primary application for its OSM and multi-technology credentials is secure identity in government programs, including immigration, border entry, and citizenship.
Card Manufacturing: The companys principal OSM and multi-technology card manufacturing operations are located in Mountain View, California. The company has an annual production capacity of approximately 26 million cards depending upon the mix of product features. It also has card manufacturing operations located in Rastede, Germany. The companys supplier for films used in OSM cards includes Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) of the United States.
Drives, Systems, and Professional Services
The Drives, Systems, and Professional Services segment includes OSM read/write drives, maintenance, system solutions, and professional services.
OSM Read/Write Drives, Manufacturing, and Parts/Components: OSM cards are used in conjunction with a card read/write drive that connects to a personal computer. The company maintains read/write drive manufacturing operations in its Mountain View, California facility and has licensed Ritel of Italy for drive manufacturing. It purchases read/write drive parts for its anticipated read/write drive demand, taking into consideration the order-to-delivery lead times of vendors and the economic purchase order quantity for such parts. The supplier for optical recording head includes Audio-Technica Corp., of Japan.
Professional Services: The companys value-added professional services include consulting; system architecture design; application development; system integration; system installation and commissioning; and operator training and ongoing support.
Custom Applications: The company offers contract services for purchase by customers that require custom programming in the development and integration of their credential applications. It also makes software available for purchase for demonstrating data storage, medical, and security concepts involving the LaserCard OSM card. The company also provides software-development tools for related peripherals and a card issuance application software package.
Specialty Cards and Card Printers
The company provides specialty cards and card printers worldwide through its German operations under the CCD and Cards and More brands. CCD offers a range of specialty cards and provides contactless card solutions, primarily in the consumer, special event, and access control sectors, including access control gate systems for sporting events and student ID cards for universities in Europe. The company has the production capacity in Rastede, Germany to manufacture approximately 20 million specialty cards per year, including contactless chip, magnetic stripe, and plastic cards; and markets cards, card printers, and personalization solutions worldwide under the Cards & More and CCD brands.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets LaserCard products and solutions primarily through an indirect distribution channel comprising agents, authorized value added resellers (VARs), and system integrators (SIs). The government ID sales and marketing activities for its OSM cards and Drives, systems and professional services are conducted through its offices in Mountain View, California; Huntington, New York; McLean, Virginia; Uruguay; and Ratingen, Germany. The companys Web site (www.lasercard.com) supports worldwide marketing activities.
The companys competitors include Gemalto N.V. (Gemalto); Oberthur Card Systems; Giesecke & Devrient GmbH; L-1 Identity Solutions; Sagem Securite; Bundesdruckerei GmbH; Thales Group; 3M Company; and Canadian Bank Note Company.
LaserCard Corporation was founded in 1967.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LASERCARD CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LASERCARD CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LASERCARD CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LASERCARD CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LASERCARD CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LaserCard Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LaserCard Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LaserCard Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LaserCard Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LaserCard Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LASERCARD CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LASERCARD CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LASERCARD CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LASERCARD CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LASERCARD CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LASERCARD CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LaserCard Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LaserCard Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LaserCard Corporation Major Shareholders
LaserCard Corporation History
LaserCard Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LaserCard Corporation Offices and Representations
LaserCard Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LaserCard Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LaserCard Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
LaserCard Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
LaserCard Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LaserCard Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LaserCard Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LaserCard Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
LaserCard Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
LaserCard Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LaserCard Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LaserCard Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?