- The report contains detailed information about Laird PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Laird PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Laird PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Laird PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Laird PLC business.
About Laird PLC
The Laird Group plc, a holding company, engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of products and services to the electronics and the residential building industries. The company principally operates in North America, Europe, and across Asia.
Laird markets electronics and security systems globally that operates its business in two core divisions, Laird Technologies and Laird Security Systems.
Laird Technologies Division
The companys laird technologies division supplies telecommunications, data transfer and information technology, as well as to the automotive, aerospace and defence, consumer electronics, medical and industrial markets internationally. In the global market the laird technologies division engages in the design and supply of both electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding solutions and wireless handset antennae.
Laird Technologies Division also engages in the design and supply of thermal management products and solutions for electronic devices and has an increasing presence in the emerging markets of telematics and Wi-Fi. Its products, often codesigned in conjunction with its customers, are critical in protecting or enhancing the performance of electronic devices. Laird technologies division provides absorbers and shielding for EMI and antennae pattern improvement on military platforms and on-board electronics.
In October 2004 Laird Technologies acquired Centurion Wireless Technologies, which engages in the design and supply of antennae for wireless handsets and land mobile radios, and which has a growing presence in the emerging markets of telematics and Wi-Fi globally.
The company has sales offices in Korea and Taiwan.
Laird Security Systems Division
The companys laird security systems division engages in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of improved solutions to improve performance and improve protection and security for the residential building and home improvement markets. It offers security and hardware products for doors and windows. It provides products and solutions, including window and door hardware, composite doors, conservatories and specialist windows, uPVC profiles and products and weather-stripping seals.
Laird Lifestyle Products manufactures low maintenance uPVC windows, composite and GRP entrance doors and conservatories, which are sold through major DIY retailers throughout the U.K.
The laird security systems integrate its global capabilities in its door hardware range of locks, hinges, and door furniture. This growth was achieved in both the U.K. and North America. In 2005 the company expects to see further growth in the volumes of product manufactured in Asia, both as a result of continuing growth in its hardware products in the U.S. and with the further transfer of production from one of the U.K. facilities.
In January 2005 the company acquired Cateron. Cateron is supplies EMI shielding fabric over foam gaskets and tape to the global PC notebook market.
In October 2004 the company completed the divestment of Laird Plastics, its North American plastics distribution business, to a subsidiary of the Blackfriars Corporation.
The companys major customers include Panasonic, Sony, Fujitsu, LG Electronics and Samsung.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LAIRD PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LAIRD PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LAIRD PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LAIRD PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LAIRD PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Laird PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Laird PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Laird PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Laird PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Laird PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. LAIRD PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LAIRD PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LAIRD PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LAIRD PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LAIRD PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LAIRD PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Laird PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Laird PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Laird PLC Major Shareholders
Laird PLC History
Laird PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Laird PLC Offices and Representations
Laird PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Laird PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Laird PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Laird PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Laird PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Laird PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Laird PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Laird PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Laird PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Laird PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Laird PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Laird PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?