- The report contains detailed information about LaCie SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LaCie SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LaCie SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LaCie SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LaCie SA business.
About LaCie SA
LaCie Group SA manufactures storage peripherals to complement or extend existing personal computers, workstations and servers. The Company also offers products for color professionals, including scanners, monitors and calibration systems. Most of the companys products are aimed at professionals and businesses, especially multimedia professionals (Digital Content Creators), and sales are channeled through specialized computer distributors
Products and Services
There are five main product lines: Hard Drive, Optical, Tape, Color and Add-Ons.
Hard Drives: are ideal for professionals and home users, and for various applications such as databases, desktop publishing, digitial content creation and digitial audio/video. LaCie offers a range of products, ensuring that there is no compromise between capacity, data transfer rates and access rates.
Desktop hard disk drives: Capacities from 40GB to 500GB; d2 casing; speeds from 7,200 RPM to 15,000 RPM; interfaces: SCSI, USB 2.0, FireWire and U&I.
Pocket Drive hard disk drives: Small format hard disk drives that are designed for users on the move; capacities from 40GB to 80GB; silicon casing to protect disk; speeds from 5,400 RPM to 7,200 RPM; available in USB 2.0 and/or FireWire.
RAID Systems: This is a multiple hard drive configuration with a controller and control software. With the correct number of disks and the proper configuration, these systems provide increased performance and security.
Bigger Disk: The LaCie Bigger Disk, with the largest hard drive capacity available, is an innovation that packs an amazing 1 terabyte of storage space in a manageable 5.25inches form factor.
Big Disk: Equipped with FireWire 800, FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 speed in a 5.25 inches desktop form factor, the LaCie Big Disk and the LaCie Big Disk Extreme offer unprecedented storage capacities up to 500GB and increased performance.
d2 Hard Drives: Upright, stacked or in a rack, LaCie d2 desktop drives combine stylish design, high performance and large capacities of up to 250GB for FireWire 400 & 800, USB and SCSI users.
Design by F.A. Porsche: LaCie has teamed up with the renowned design agency Porsche Design GmbH to create this new family of portable and desktop hard drives. The result of decades of expertise, these drives feature state-of-the-art design, awesome performance and contemporary style.
Data Bank: LaCie's most compact hard disk ever, the Data Bank offers generous storage capacity in a device that is barely larger than a credit card and thinner than a mobile phone. Measuring 13mm high and weighing less than 4.5 ounces (125g), the LaCie Data Bank pairs unprecedented mobile convenience with exceptional technology - ideal for transporting up to 40GB of data while fitting in a small pocket.
Pocket Drives: With FireWire and USB connectivity, the rugged LaCie PocketDrive would safely carry up to 80GB of data on the road.
Mobile Drive: Lightweight and slim in design, the LaCie Mobile Drive allows USB users to travel with up to 40GB of data.
Ethernet Disk: Featuring advanced file-sharing technology, the LaCie Ethernet Disk frees PC file servers by providing independent, stand-alone storage accessible to anyone in the network.
RAID Systems: Ultra-secure with capacities up to 3.5TB, LaCie RAID solutions break the speed limit by incorporating 10,000 rpm Ultra320 SCSI drives.
External optical devices make it easy to archive and exchange data between several users. LaCie optical products utilize the latest innovations in CD and DVD technology.
Desktop optical drives: CD or DVD rewritable technology; d2 casing; available in USB 2.0 and/or FireWire.
Pocket Drive optical drives: Small format optical drives that are designed for users on the move; silicon casing to protect drive; rewritable technologies; available in USB 2.0 and/or FireWire.
Duplicators: LaCie duplicators are true plug and play devices - completely independent of computer, the customer can rapidly duplicate 1 to 5 CDs at once.
LaCie CD and DVD drives are designed to archive and exchange computer, audio and video data. From m
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LACIE SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LACIE SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LACIE SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LACIE SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LACIE SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LaCie SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LaCie SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LaCie SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LaCie SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LaCie SA Industry Position Analysis
6. LACIE SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LACIE SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LACIE SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LACIE SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LACIE SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LACIE SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LaCie SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LaCie SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LaCie SA Major Shareholders
LaCie SA History
LaCie SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LaCie SA Offices and Representations
LaCie SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LaCie SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LaCie SA Capital Market Snapshot
LaCie SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
LaCie SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LaCie SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LaCie SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LaCie SA 1-year Stock Charts
LaCie SA 5-year Stock Charts
LaCie SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LaCie SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LaCie SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?