- The report contains detailed information about KVH Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for KVH Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The KVH Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes KVH Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of KVH Industries Inc. business.
About KVH Industries Inc.
KVH Industries, Inc. manufactures solutions that provide Internet, television, and voice services via satellite to mobile users at sea, on land, and in the air. The company is also a manufacturer of navigational sensors and integrated inertial systems for defense and commercial guidance and stabilization applications.
The company sells its mobile communications products and airtime services, including the TracVision and TracPhone systems and mini-VSAT Broadband airtime, through a international network of distributors and retailers worldwide. In February 2008, the company entered the aviation market with a development and production contract for a satellite TV antenna that is sold on an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) basis to LiveTV, LLC (LiveTV) a provider of entertainment systems on commercial aircraft.
Products and Services
Mobile Satellite Communications
The company has developed a family of products and services marketed under the TracVision and TracPhone brand names, as well as the mini-VSAT Broadband airtime network to address the needs of its communications markets.
The companys mobile satellite products are installed on mobile platforms and use robotics, stabilization and control software, sensing technologies, transceiver integration, and antenna designs to automatically search for, identify and point directly at the selected television and communications satellite while the vehicle, vessel, or plane is in motion. The companys antennas use gyros and inclinometers to measure the pitch, roll and yaw of an antenna platform in relation to the earth. Microprocessors and its proprietary stabilization and control software use that data to compute the antenna movement necessary for the antennas motors to point the antenna properly and maintain contact with the satellite. The company offers an array of products to address the needs of various customers seeking mobile communications in maritime, land mobile and aeronautical applications.
Marine: In the marine market, the company offers a range of mobile satellite TV and communications products. In December 2009, the company began selling the TracVision HD7, a 24-inch diameter satellite TV antenna capable of receiving signals from two DIRECTV Ka-band satellites and one DIRECTV Ku-band satellite simultaneously to offer a high-definition. It includes an Internet Protocol-enabled antenna control unit, as well as optional antenna controls via a free TracVision application for use on an Apple iPhone.
The family of marine TracVision products vary in size from a lower-profile elliptical parabolic system similar to those offered for use on recreation vehicles (RV) to the 12.5-inch TracVision M1, 14.5-inch TracVision M3, 18-inch TracVision M5, 24-inch TracVision M7, and 32-inch diameter TracVision M9.
Broadband Internet: In 2007, the company introduced the TracPhone V7 stabilized satellite communications antenna along with the supporting Ku-band airtime service, mini-VSAT Broadband, which have applications on marine vessels and land vehicles. TracPhone V7 subscribers may select service packages with Internet data connections offering ship-to-shore satellite data rates of 512 Kbps and shore-to-ship satellite data rates of 2 Mbps, or megabits, per second. In addition, subscriptions also include two Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone lines optimized for use over satellite connections.
In February 2010, the company entered into a distribution agreement with Japan Radio Co. Ltd. (JRC), under which JRC resells its TracPhone V7 through its channels. JRC also sells the mini-VSAT Broadband airtime service to non-Japanese vessels and owners.
Service is offered in the North Pacific Ocean, the Americas, Caribbean, North Atlantic, Europe, the Persian Gulf, Africa, Australia and New Zealand, and Asian waters. This unified Ku-band Broadband service enables the company to offer commercial, leisure and government customers an integrated hardware and service solution for mobile communications and region-to-region roaming.
In addition to its TracPhone V7 and mini-VSAT Broadband service, the company also offers a family of Inmarsat-compatible TracP
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. KVH Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of KVH Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of KVH Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. KVH Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. KVH Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KVH INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
KVH Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
KVH Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
KVH Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
KVH Industries Inc. History
KVH Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
KVH Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
KVH Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
KVH Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
KVH Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
KVH Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
KVH Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
KVH Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
KVH Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
KVH Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
KVH Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
KVH Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
KVH Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
KVH Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?