- The report contains detailed information about JDS Uniphase Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for JDS Uniphase Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The JDS Uniphase Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes JDS Uniphase Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of JDS Uniphase Corporation business.
About JDS Uniphase Corporation
JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test and measurement solutions, and optical products for the telecommunications service providers, cable operators, and network equipment manufacturers. The company also provides optical solutions for biomedical and environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, aerospace and defense, brand authentication, display systems, and custom color product differentiation applications.
The company markets its products to telecommunications and cable television service providers, network equipment manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, and strategic partners worldwide.
The company operates in the following business segments: Communications Test and Measurement (CommTest); Communications and Commercial Optical Products (CCOP); and Advanced Optical Technologies (AOT).
COMMUNICATIONS TEST AND MEASUREMENT
The Communications Test and Measurement business segment products and services enable the design, deployment, and maintenance of communication equipment and networks. Included in the product portfolio are test tools, platforms, and services for optical transport networks, DSL services, data networks, cable networks, digital video broadcast, and fiber characterization services.
The company provides instruments, service assurance systems, and services for communications network operators and equipment manufacturers that deliver and/or operate broadband/IP networks (cable, fixed and mobile) deploying triple- and quad-play services (voice, video, data, and wireless). Its test solutions address the needs of lab and production, which includes research, development, and manufacture of network equipment; field service, including triple-play deployments for cable, telecom, FTTx, and home networking; and service assurance, which includes monitoring and maintaining quality of experience (QoE) for Ethernet and IP services, including cable, wireless and fixed/telecom networks.
The company provides a set of communications-focused test and measurement solutions. This portfolio providestest support across communications networks, including the core, metro, access, and home networking environments.
Instruments: The company provides devices that perform various communications test and monitoring functions. Designed to be mobile, these products assist service provider technicians in assessing the performance of network elements and segments or verifying the integrity of the information being transmitted across the network. Its test instruments also include those used by network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) in the design and manufacture of next-generation network equipment.
Software: The company provides software products and custom software development services to its customers. Software products address applications for network capacity management, test operations support systems and workflow solutions. Software services are provided to customize software applications and to interface JDSU software to customer operations support systems.
Systems: The company's systems typically consist of integrated hardware and software components that reside in communication networks. Using an integrated test and management system, its customers are able to analyze various network elements, transmission technologies and protocols from a single console.
Services: The company offers a range of product support and professional services geared to address its customers requirements. These services include repair, calibration, software support services, and technical assistance for its products. It also offers product and technology training, as well as consulting services. Its professional services, provided in conjunction with system integration projects, include project management installation, and implementation.
The company's customers for communications test and measurement solutions include communications service providers, communications equipment manufacturers, government organizations, and corporate customers. These include telecom and cable operators, such as AT&T, Bell Canada, British Telecom, China
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. JDS Uniphase Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of JDS Uniphase Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of JDS Uniphase Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. JDS Uniphase Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. JDS Uniphase Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JDS UNIPHASE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
JDS Uniphase Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
JDS Uniphase Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
JDS Uniphase Corporation Major Shareholders
JDS Uniphase Corporation History
JDS Uniphase Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
JDS Uniphase Corporation Offices and Representations
JDS Uniphase Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
JDS Uniphase Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
JDS Uniphase Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
JDS Uniphase Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
JDS Uniphase Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
JDS Uniphase Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
JDS Uniphase Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
JDS Uniphase Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
JDS Uniphase Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
JDS Uniphase Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
JDS Uniphase Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
JDS Uniphase Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?