- The report contains detailed information about Intevac Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Intevac Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Intevac Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Intevac Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Intevac Inc. business.
About Intevac Inc.
Intevac, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment and solutions to the hard disk drive industry, and advanced etch technology systems to the semiconductor industry.
The companys business consists of two segments, Equipment and Intevac Photonics.
Hard Disk Drive Equipment Market: The company designs, manufactures, markets, and services capital equipment used to deposit thin films of material onto magnetic disks that are used in hard disk drives, and also equipment to lubricate these disks. Intevacs systems are used by manufacturers, such as Fuji Electric, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Seagate Technology and Western Digital.
Hard Disk Drive Equipment Products
Disk Sputtering Systems: Intevac equipment deposits magnetic, non-magnetic and protective carbon-based overcoat using sputtering or chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technologies. The 200 Lean provides disk throughput from a small footprint, which enables manufacturers to produce more disks per square-foot of factory floor space. Intevac provides a solution for manufacturing by providing new etch and associated process modules on the productivity 200 Lean Gen II platform.
Disk Lubrication Systems: The Intevac DLS-100 disk lubrication system provides Intevacs customers with a lubrication process by dipping disks into a lubricant/solvent mixture. The Intevac AccuLuber disk lubrication system lubricates disks by depositing a thin film of lubricant on the disk while it is under vacuum. This eliminates the use of solvents during the lubrication process.
Deposition System: The Intevac LithoPrime is used in patterned media applications and deposits a priming film on the disk before it goes into a third party lithography tool which deposits resist track patterns on the disk. This tool enables patterning on hard disks by providing an adhesion layer between the disk and the resist.
Non-Systems Business: Intevac also provides installation, maintenance and repair services, technology upgrades, spare parts, and consumables to Intevacs system customers.
Semiconductor Manufacturing Products
The company completed the dielectric etch semiconductor manufacturing system, the Lean Etch. The Lean Etch is a 300 mm system designed to address the need for significant productivity improvement and provide enabling etch technology at 45 nanometer nodes and below. As of December 31, 2009, the company delivered an evaluation system to its alliance partner, TES Co., Ltd. (TES), a Korean equipment company and TES actively demonstrated the system to semiconductor manufacturers in the Korean market.
Solar Manufacturing Products
The company offers thin film solar cell equipment solution for PV applications, LEAN SOLAR which performs single substrate processing for precise process control. LEAN SOLARs sequential processing performs deposition and processes standard cell sizes for glass, silicon, and metal substrates. LEAN SOLAR can be used in CIGS applications, on glass or stainless steel substrates, as well as depositing front and back conductive layer coatings for crystalline silicon PV cells.
Intevac Photonics segment
Intevac Photonics Market: Intevac develops, manufactures, and sells digital-optical products for the capture and display of low-light images and the optical analysis of materials. Intevac provides sensors, cameras, near-eye displays, and systems for military applications, such as night vision, long-range target identification and simulation training. Intevac also provides commercial products that include compact Raman instruments and cameras for commercial applications in the inspection, medical, and scientific markets, and for government applications in law enforcement and in the chemical, biological and explosives threat-detection markets.
Night Vision Systems: The Electron Bombarded Active Pixel Sensor (EBAPS) design utilizes Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (CMOS) technology to produce a lightweight, low-light level digital sensor. As of December 31, 2009, Intevac reached agreement with a NATO defense contractor for high volume production. Intevac completed the development o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTEVAC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTEVAC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTEVAC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTEVAC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTEVAC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Intevac Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Intevac Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Intevac Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Intevac Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Intevac Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTEVAC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTEVAC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTEVAC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTEVAC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTEVAC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTEVAC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Intevac Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Intevac Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Intevac Inc. Major Shareholders
Intevac Inc. History
Intevac Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Intevac Inc. Offices and Representations
Intevac Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Intevac Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Intevac Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Intevac Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Intevac Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Intevac Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Intevac Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Intevac Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Intevac Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Intevac Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Intevac Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Intevac Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?