- The report contains detailed information about Infinera Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Infinera Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Infinera Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Infinera Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Infinera Corporation business.
About Infinera Corporation
Infinera Corporation provides optical communications systems to operators of optical networks, including telecom carriers, cable operators, Internet or content service providers, and others.
Infinera DTN System
The companys DTN System utilizes its photonic integrated circuit (PIC) technology to enable digital processing and management of data with the capability to both generate wavelength division multiplexing wavelengths and to add, drop, switch, manage, protect and restore network traffic digitally.
The companys DTN System is carrier-class, which means that it complies with applicable Telcordia and equivalent major international standards for central office-based network elements. Its DTN System supports a broad range of optical service interfaces, including Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet and 10 GbE) and separate synchronous optical network/synchronous digital hierarchy.
Infinera Line System 2
Infinera DTN Systems are built upon and connected to one another using an optical line system. The Infinera Line System 2 (ILS2) provides optical amplification, and provides the management communications channel between network nodes and allows the customer to deploy optical capacity to carry customer traffic on its network. ILS2 combines approximately 1.6 Terabits per second of optical capacity onto a single fiber. Infineras bandwidth management allows the companys customers to manage and utilize this pool of available capacity to satisfy its customer requirements, including through 40Gbps, 10Gbps or 2.5Gbps wavelengths. In addition to increasing the optical capacity, ILS2 includes new amplifier types that are designed to increase the distance or reach between DTN Systems. ILS2 is fully integrated into Infineras management and control software and can be managed seamlessly within the DTN System.
Infinera ATN System
The Infinera ATN Systems metro edge platform is a coarse and dense wavelength division multiplexing aggregation and transport solution designed with 400Gbps of total capacity, which can be allocated in various transmission speeds.
Infinera IQ Network Operating System and Management Suite
The IQ Network Operating System for the DTN System generalizes multiprotocol label switching (GMPLS) for provisioning, protection and restoration services, and a host of performance monitoring and software-definable testing capabilities.
Infinera Management Suite
The Infinera Management Suite is a set of standards-based network and element management tools and Operations Support System integration interfaces that are used by its customers to manage their DTN Systems. The companys management suite software includes its Digital Network Administrator, a scalable Element Management System, and its Graphical Node Manager, a Web-based management interface. Its hardware platforms, the DTN System and ATN System, are managed in an integrated fashion by the Infinera Management Suite.
Support and Services
The company offers its customers a range of product support offerings, including hardware and software technical support, installation and deployment services, spares management, first line maintenance services, on-site technical services, professional services, product technical training and extended product warranties.
As of December 26, 2009, the company had sold its DTN Systems and ATN Systems for deployment in the optical networks of 69 customers worldwide, including customers in the following segments: carrier; multiple system operator (MSO); Internet content provider; incumbent carrier; research and education/government; and reseller. Its customers include Cox Communications, Deutsche Telekom, Global Crossing, Interoute, and Level 3.
The company maintains sales presences throughout the United States as well as in a number of international locations, including China, Japan, Singapore, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
The companys competitors include wavelength division multiplexing suppliers, such as Alcatel-Lucent; Ciena Corporation; Cisco Systems; Ericsson; Fujitsu Limited; Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.; NEC Corporation; Nokia-Siemens Networks; Nortel Networks; Tellabs; and ZTE Corporation.
Infinera Corporation was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INFINERA CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INFINERA CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INFINERA CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INFINERA CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INFINERA CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Infinera Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Infinera Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Infinera Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Infinera Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Infinera Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. INFINERA CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INFINERA CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INFINERA CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INFINERA CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INFINERA CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INFINERA CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Infinera Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Infinera Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Infinera Corporation Major Shareholders
Infinera Corporation History
Infinera Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Infinera Corporation Offices and Representations
Infinera Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Infinera Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Infinera Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Infinera Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Infinera Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Infinera Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Infinera Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Infinera Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Infinera Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Infinera Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Infinera Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Infinera Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?