- The report contains detailed information about HEI Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for HEI Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The HEI Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes HEI Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of HEI Inc. business.
About HEI Inc.
HEI, Inc. provides engineering, product design, automation and test, manufacturing, distribution, and fulfillment services and solutions to its customers in the hearing, medical device, medical equipment, communications, computing, and industrial equipment markets.
The company operates in two segments: Microelectronics Segment and Advanced Medical Operation (AMO) Segment.
The Microelectronics Segment, which has operations in Victoria, Minnesota and Tempe, Arizona, offers: miniaturization solutions providing a range of services from front end development through the full production process; specialized substrates which are used as platforms for microelectronic assembly; engineering resulting in creative technological solutions; continuous improvement and lean flow manufacturing; and the ability to develop and implement test software and hardware solutions.
In its Victoria, Minnesota facility, the company designs microelectronic components that are integrated into medical or telecommunications devices. Typically these microelectronic circuits consist of assembling one or more integrated circuits (ICs) or chips and passive electronic components onto a substrate. These microelectronic assemblies are typically integrated into its customers end products, such as implantable defibrillators, cochlear implants, insulin pumps or network switching systems.
The companys Tempe facility designs and manufactures rigid-flex substrates. Tempe supplies a portion of the substrates used in the microelectronics circuits built in its Victoria facility, including defibrillator and insulin pump component manufacturing. In addition, the Tempe facility sells flexible substrates directly to customers for implantable and non-implantable medical devices, as well as optical communications circuit applications.
Advanced Medical Operation (AMO) Segment
The Advanced Medical Operation (AMO) Segment, with operations in Boulder, Colorado, offers: design, development, validation and verification services for medical box build products and software interfaces for Class I, II and III medical devices; transitional manufacturing services for medical products; and contract manufacturing and service work for medical box build products.
The companys Boulder, Colorado facility provides Electronics Manufacturing Services in four key areas relating to its Advanced Medical Operations. For medical device original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and emerging medical device companies, the company provides design and development services, software validation and verification services and value added services, including fulfillment, distribution and end of life services. Its design and development projects generally include project concept definition, development of specifications for product features and functions, product engineering specifications, instrument design, development, prototype production and testing and development of test specifications and procedures. The company also performs verification and validation test for software used in medical device applications. It manufactures electro mechanical designs for medical diagnostic and therapeutic hardware and medical imaging subsystems. Manufacturing projects include pre-production and commercialization services, turnkey manufacturing of FDA Class I, Class II and Class III devices and system test services.
In addition, its Boulder facility provides logistical support distributing devices directly to the OEMs customers. It provides service support to medical imaging and therapeutic medical device customers, ranging from receipt and decontamination of field returns to troubleshooting, repair or shipping new products, to managing the documentation required by the FDA.
The company has agreements with GE Healthcare; Johnson & Johnson Ethicon Gynacare Division; and Johnson & Johnson Biosense Webster Division. Its major customers include: Animas, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson; Cochlear; and GE Medical Systems, a subsidiary of General Electric Company.
In August 2007, the company sold substantially all the assets and liabilities of its Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) business unit.
HEI, Inc. was founded in 1968.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEI INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEI INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEI INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEI INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEI INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. HEI Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of HEI Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of HEI Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. HEI Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. HEI Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEI INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEI INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEI INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEI INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEI INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEI INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
HEI Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
HEI Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
HEI Inc. Major Shareholders
HEI Inc. History
HEI Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
HEI Inc. Offices and Representations
HEI Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
HEI Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
HEI Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
HEI Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
HEI Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
HEI Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
HEI Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
HEI Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
HEI Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
HEI Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
HEI Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
HEI Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?