- The report contains detailed information about Gemalto NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gemalto NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gemalto NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gemalto NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gemalto NV business.
About Gemalto NV
Gemalto N.V. provides digital security products and services worldwide. The company designs, manufactures, and sells smart cards (cards) and point-of-sales terminals (POS terminals).
The company offers mobile connectivity, identity and data protection, credit card safety, health and transportation services, e-government, and national security. The company supplies to governments, wireless operators, banks, and enterprises a range of personal devices, such as subscriber identification modules (SIM) in mobile phones, smart banking cards, electronic passports, smart card access badges, and USB tokens for online identity protection. It also provides software, systems, and services to help its customers achieve their goals.
The company's operations are organized into five business segments: Mobile Communication; Secure Transactions (including Financial Services, pay-TV, Healthcare, and Transportation); Security (Government Programs, and Identity and Access Management); Public Telephony; and Point-of-Sales Terminals (POS Terminals).
MOBILE COMMUNICATION, SECURE TRANSACTIONS, AND SECURITY
The companys three primary activities: Mobile Communication, Secure Transactions, and Security, sell microprocessor cards (including embedded software), software solutions and services (including device management platforms, services to personalize each device individually), and intellectual property rights licenses. The company also sells other microprocessor based products, such as electronic passports and secure USB keys.
The companys Mobile Communication, Secure Transactions, and Security products cover a range of technologies, including plastic cards, magnetic stripe cards, memory cards, microprocessor cards, and new form factors, including a microprocessor and embedded highly secure software. In addition, the company sells microprocessor subcomponents, or modules, that include the core software layers, to other card manufacturers.
The company's Mobile Communication products range from low-end products with basic security and stand alone features, to high-end solutions with improved capabilities that allow operators to offer advanced applications. These applications may be activated after the card is in operation in the field, or downloaded remotely to the end-users SIM cards. In this second case, it provides a client-server solution, including pieces of software connected to the operators business solutions in their back-office environments.
The company supplies financial cards to financial institutions, transportation cards to urban mass transit operators, and Pay TV subscriber authentication and right management cards to secure access service providers. It offers a range of financial card products, including standardized plastic magnetic stripe cards. It also focuses on designing, manufacturing, and marketing microprocessor cards ranging from cards that enable basic banking applications to multi-application cards. The company sells magnetic stripe cards in China, Latin America, the U.S.A, and European countries. Its transportation sector products (for the London and Paris mass transit authorities) consist mainly of lower-end contactless cards.
The Security business combines two market sub-segments, Government Programs, and Identity and Access Management. The companys Government Programs offerings include secure electronic documents, such as e-passport or e-identity cards, and issuance related services for governmental agencies. The Identity & Access Management offerings cover product and solutions based on microprocessor technology for user authentication, typically used in a corporate environment or to access services over the Internet, such as e-banking.
The Public Telephony activity sells memory phone cards.
The POS Terminals activity sells point-of-sale terminals (including embedded software and related servers) and related technical support and maintenance services.
The company has operations in North and South America; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; and the Asia Pacific.
In September 2008, the company acquired Keycorps smart card business, along with Multos Ltd., the company that operates the remote activation service and high-security facility at the heart of the MULTOS security architecture. The business provides MULTOS products and services to the financial services and government sectors.
In December 2008, the company acquired NamITech South Africa, which provides secure cards and services in the southern African area.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEMALTO NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEMALTO NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEMALTO NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEMALTO NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEMALTO NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gemalto NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gemalto NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gemalto NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gemalto NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gemalto NV Industry Position Analysis
6. GEMALTO NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEMALTO NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEMALTO NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEMALTO NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEMALTO NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEMALTO NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gemalto NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gemalto NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gemalto NV Major Shareholders
Gemalto NV History
Gemalto NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gemalto NV Offices and Representations
Gemalto NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gemalto NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gemalto NV Capital Market Snapshot
Gemalto NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Gemalto NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gemalto NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gemalto NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gemalto NV 1-year Stock Charts
Gemalto NV 5-year Stock Charts
Gemalto NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gemalto NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gemalto NV Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?