- The report contains detailed information about EXFO Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EXFO Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EXFO Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EXFO Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EXFO Inc business.
About EXFO Inc
EXFO Inc. provides test and service assurance solutions for network service providers and equipment manufacturers in the global telecommunications industry.
The Telecom Division offers a range of solutions to assess optical networks, from the core to access, as well as next-generation IP infrastructures and related triple-play services.
The Life Sciences and Industrial Division offers solutions in medical device and opto-electronics assembly, fluorescence microscopy, and other life science sectors.
The companys test platforms, namely the AXS-200 SharpTESTER, FTB-200 Compact Platform, FTB-500 Platform, and IQS-600 Intelligent Test System, are at the core of its product portfolio.
The company tests optical, as well as transport and data communications technologies based on IP. In addition, the company offers various handheld and benchtop test and measurement products. It also offers network monitoring systems and test probes used in third-party network monitoring solutions.
The company, through the acquisition of Navtel Communications Inc., offers the InterWatch platform series, a line of advanced hardware and software-based test systems that enable network equipment manufacturers and network service provider labs to test their complex digital telecommunications equipment and services. These advanced software and hardware solutions assist customers in the design, integration, installation, and acceptance testing of a range of Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)/Next-Generation Network (NGN) telecommunications equipment and services by performing various test functions: design and feature verification; interoperability testing; load and stress testing; and monitoring and analysis.
The company, through the acquisition of Brix Networks Inc., offers service assurance and performance monitoring systems for advanced IP and carrier Ethernet services, such as IPTV, voice-over-IP, IP/MPLS, virtual private networks (VPNs), video on demand, and video conferencing. The Brix System, a family of integrated software and hardware components, monitors quality by providing visibility across IP services, throughout the lifecycle of the service, and across the entire network. Within the Brix System, performance management applications, running on a central-site software engine, called BrixWorx, analyze and display performance data collected from the measurement sources, like Brix Verifiers and native network elements deployed throughout the network being monitored. Brix Verifiers execute protocol-specific tests to calculate crucial availability and performance metrics through proactive testing, ongoing monitoring, and the collection of data directly from infrastructure devices.
Products for Network Service Providers
The company offers a range of field-portable test, measurement, and monitoring solutions that are mainly used by network service providers and can also be utilized by network equipment manufacturers. These products are available as handheld test instruments, portable platforms with related modules, and as rack-mount chassis with related modules.
The companys AXS-200 SharpTESTER platform is a multi-service, multi-medium handheld test platform designed for characterizing and troubleshooting commercial and residential access networks. It is designed for entry-level field technicians in access networks and can be configured for copper/DSL/triple-play, Ethernet or optical testing applications. The company has released various access test solutions, such as Ethernet/IP, 30 MHz copper, and ADSL2+ triple-play test modules.
The companys FTB-200 Compact Platform is a two-slot portable test unit optimized for multi-technology, multi-application characterization of metro and access networks. The platform, designed for the super field technician, holds up to two interchangeable modules that are compatible with its FTB-500 platform. Test technologies suited for the FTB-200 Compact Platform include a range of singlemode and multimode optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs), automated optical loss test sets (OLTSs), and SONET/SDH analyzers from DS0 up to OC-192
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXFO INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXFO INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXFO INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXFO INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXFO INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EXFO Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EXFO Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EXFO Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EXFO Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EXFO Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. EXFO INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXFO INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXFO INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXFO INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXFO INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXFO INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EXFO Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EXFO Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EXFO Inc Major Shareholders
EXFO Inc History
EXFO Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EXFO Inc Offices and Representations
EXFO Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EXFO Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EXFO Inc Capital Market Snapshot
EXFO Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
EXFO Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EXFO Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EXFO Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EXFO Inc 1-year Stock Charts
EXFO Inc 5-year Stock Charts
EXFO Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EXFO Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EXFO Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?