- The report contains detailed information about EMS Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EMS Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EMS Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EMS Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EMS Technologies Inc. business.
About EMS Technologies Inc.
EMS Technologies, Inc. provides wireless connectivity solutions addressing the enterprise mobility, communications-on-the-move, tracking and in-flight connectivity markets for both commercial and government users. The companys products and services enable communications across a variety of coverage areas, ranging from global to regional to within a single facility.
The company, during 2009, operated in three segments, Communications & Tracking, LXE, and Defense & Space (D&S).
Communications & Tracking
The Communications & Tracking segment includes the companys SATCOM business, and the Sky Connect business acquired in August 2008, and the Formation and Satamatics businesses that were acquired in January and February 2009, respectively.
The Aviation segment includes SATCOMs aeronautical business, and the Sky Connect and Formation businesses. Aviation designs and develops satellite-based communications solutions through an array of terminals and antennas for the aeronautical market. The segment also builds in-cabin connection devices and computers to process data on board aircraft, including rugged data storage, airborne connectivity, air-to-ground connectivity, and data recording and replay equipment.
Aviations products enable customers in aircraft and other mobile platforms to communicate over satellite networks at a variety of data speeds. Its equipment is used to safeguard and monitor cargo, personnel and fleet assets in some of the environments of the world and for emergency management services.
In the air transport market, Aviation delivers its equipment and technology through partners such as Panasonic Avionics, Aircell, OnAir, Aeromobile Row44, and LiveTV. Aviations equipment and technology enables in-flight connectivity on approximately 40 airlines, including Lufthansa, Delta Air Lines, Airtran, Continental, Emirates, Air France, Ryanair, and TAP. In the aviation market, Aviations terminals, antennas and networking equipment provide a solution for a variety of aircraft. One variant provides office-like communications capabilities to the cabin while providing safety communications capabilities to the cockpit. Aviations CNX Cabin Gateway family of networking products is used for airborne networking equipment, and variations of this product line offer compression and acceleration of data. Aviations antennas are mounted on the fuselage or on the tail to accommodate a variety of aircraft, including the Bombardier Global Express, Dassault Falcon 7X, Gulfstream G550, and Airbus A320. Aviation also sells an antenna specifically for military use. This antenna is mounted in the forward hatch of a C-130 military cargo aircraft and, when connected to the transceiver, provides instant communications that can be rolled on and off the aircraft.
Global Tracking includes the asset tracking and emergency management operations of SATCOM business. Global Tracking provides the capability to track, monitor and control remote assets. The Global Tracking segment has approximately 150,000 terminals. Additionally, SATCOM is a provider of ground segment equipment for the Cospas-Sarsat search and rescue system and incident management software for rescue coordination worldwide.
Tracking terminals are sold in three vertical markets security, land tracking and maritime. The segment also offers end-to-end solutions in the various markets with the inclusion of its applications, systems integration, including tracking and mapping, multi-network communication gateways and communication devices. These products and services are sold to military for Blue Force Tracking systems used by NATO, and in the transport trucking market in the Americas, Africa, and the Middle East. It provides critical logistics support to coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq.
LXEs rugged terminals and wireless wide-area networks (WWAN) have been installed at approximately 7,500 sites worldwide, including the facilities of various companies and some of the materials-handling installations.
A LXE system consists of mobile terminals that incorporate WLAN radios, automatic-identification c
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EMS Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EMS Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EMS Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EMS Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EMS Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMS TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EMS Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EMS Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EMS Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
EMS Technologies Inc. History
EMS Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EMS Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
EMS Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EMS Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EMS Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EMS Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
EMS Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EMS Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EMS Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EMS Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EMS Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EMS Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EMS Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EMS Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?