- The report contains detailed information about EMCORE Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EMCORE Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EMCORE Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EMCORE Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EMCORE Corporation business.
About EMCORE Corporation
EMCORE Corporation provides compound semiconductor-based components and subsystems for the fiber optics and solar power markets.
The company operates in two segments, Fiber Optics and Photovoltaics.
Fiber optics segment offers optical components, subsystems, and systems that enable the transmission of video, voice, and data over high-capacity fiber optic cables for high-speed data and telecommunications, cable television, and fiber-to-the-premises networks. Fiber optics offers the following product lines:
Telecom Optical Products: The company supplies 10 gigabit per second C-band and L-band tunable dense wavelength division multiplexed transponders for telecommunications transport systems. It offers vertically-integrated products, including external-cavity laser modules, integrated tunable laser assemblies, and 300-pin transponders.
Enterprise Products: The company provides optical components and transceiver modules for data applications that enable switch-to-switch, router-to-router, and server-to-server backbone connections at aggregate speeds of 10 Gb/s. It offers the products with XENPAK form factor which comply with 10 Gb/s Ethernet (10-GE) IEEE802.3ae standard. Its 10-GE products include short-reach, long-reach, extended-reach, and coarse WDM LX4 optical transceivers to connect between the photonic physical layer and the electrical section layer and CX4 transceivers. In addition to the 10-GE products, it offers multi-source agreements (MSA) compliant small form factor and small form factor pluggable optical transceivers for use in Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel local-area and storage-area networks. Its transceivers provide integrated duplex data links for bi-directional communication over single-mode and multimode optical fibers at data rates of 1.25Gb/s and 4 Gb/s.
Laser/Photodetector Component Products: The company provides optical components, including lasers, photodetectors, and various forms of packaged subassemblies which include bare die, TO, and TOSA forms of high-speed 850nm vertical cavity surface emitting lasers, distributed feedback lasers, positive-intrinsic-negative, and avalanche photodiode components for 2G, 8G, and 10G Fiber Channel, 1G and 10G Ethernet, FTTP, and telecom applications.
Parallel Optical Transceiver and Cable Products: The company provides optical transmitter and receiver products utilizing optical emitting or detection devices, such as VCSELs and photodetectors which are used for back-plane interconnects, switching/routing between telecom racks, and computing clusters. Its products include 12-lane SNAP-12 MSA compliant transmitter and receivers with single and double data rates. It offers optical fiber ribbon cables with parallel-optical transceivers embedded within the connectors.
Fiber Channel Transceiver Products: The company offers tri-rate SFF and SFP optical transceivers for storage area networks. The MSA compliant transceiver module is designed for fiber channel data links supporting up to 4.25 Gb/s. Its products provide integrated duplex data links for bi-directional communication over multimode optical fiber.
Cable Television (CATV) Products: The company provides radio frequency over fiber products for the CATV industry which are used in hybrid fiber coaxial networks that enable cable service operators to offer multiple services for high-speed Internet, interactive video, and other services, such as high-definition television and voice over IP. Its CATV products include forward and return-path analog and digital lasers, photodetectors and subassembly components, broadcast analog and digital fiber-optic transmitters, and quadrature amplitude modulation transmitters and receivers.
Fiber-To-The-Premises (FTTP) Products: The company develops FTTP components and subsystem products that support telephone companies to offer voice, video, and data services through the deployment of fiber optics-based access networks. Its FTTP products include passive optical network transceivers, analog fiber optic transmitters for video overlay, and high-power erbium-doped fiber amplifiers, analog and digital lasers, photodetect
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMCORE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMCORE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMCORE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMCORE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMCORE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EMCORE Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EMCORE Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EMCORE Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EMCORE Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EMCORE Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. EMCORE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMCORE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMCORE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMCORE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMCORE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMCORE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EMCORE Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EMCORE Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EMCORE Corporation Major Shareholders
EMCORE Corporation History
EMCORE Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EMCORE Corporation Offices and Representations
EMCORE Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EMCORE Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EMCORE Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
EMCORE Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
EMCORE Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EMCORE Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EMCORE Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EMCORE Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
EMCORE Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
EMCORE Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EMCORE Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EMCORE Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?