- The report contains detailed information about EMC Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EMC Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EMC Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EMC Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EMC Corporation business.
About EMC Corporation
EMC Corporation develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure technologies and solutions. The company is pursuing a cloud computing strategy that supports customers ranging from service providers, to large enterprise customers to individual consumers with this next-generation model of computing.
Products and Offerings
The company operates in two businesses, EMCs Information Infrastructure business and the VMware Virtual Infrastructure business.
EMC Information Infrastructure Business
EMCs Information Infrastructure business consists of three segments, including Information Storage, Content Management and Archiving, and RSA Information Security.
Information Storage Segment
This segment offers a range of networked information storage systems and software to support customers information storage and management strategies. The companys storage systems can be deployed in storage area network (SAN), networked attached storage (NAS), unified storage combining NAS and SAN, content addressed storage and/or direct attached storage environments.
EMCs information storage systems include EMC Symmetrix and EMC CLARiiON information storage systems, EMC Celerra unified storage systems, EMC Centera content addressed storage and EMC Connectrix directors and switches. EMC offers software to control and enable functions that take place with in the EMC networked storage system, including local and remote replication, optimization and data movement, with products, such as EMC SRDF (Symmetrix Remote Data Facility), EMC MirrorView, EMC TimeFinder, EMC SnapView, and EMC Celerra Replicator.
EMC introduced EMC FAST (fully automated storage tiering) technology in 2009 to automate the movement of data with in a storage system to optimize its storage infrastructure for both highest performance and lowest cost and to also replace hours or even days of repetitive, manual storage administrative tasks.
EMC also expanded its backup and recovery offerings through its acquisition of Data Domain, Inc. (Data Domain). Data Domains backup recovery solutions, along with the EMC Avamar, EMC NetWorker, and EMC Disk Library products, provide a combination of data protection solutions to help customers contend with massive information growth, cost constraints, virtual infrastructure backup challenges and service requirements for recovery of data.
In 2009, EMC introduced new enterprise backup capabilities for desktop and laptop computers, as part of the latest version of EMC Avamar software. EMC also introduced its primary inline deduplication storage system, the EMC Data Domain DD880, for enterprises and data centers to address multiple petabytes of backup data and support fan-in replication from approximately 180 remote sites.
EMC Consumer and Small Business Products: This division includes EMC Retrospect and EMC LifeLine software, as well as Iomega-branded direct-attach portable and desktop hard drives, network drives (NAS devices) and HDD multimedia products. In 2009, the Consumer and Small Business Products division introduced various new additions to the Iomega NAS product family, including the desktop double drive StorCenter ix2-200 NAS and the quad-drive StorCenter ix4-200d NAS for virtualization installations. Iomegas NAS devices utilize EMC LifeLine software, a fully-developed Linux operating environment and suite of applications designed for cross-platform support with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
EMC Global Services: In 2009, EMC introduced a suite of approximately 30 new services and solutions to speed customers transition to the private cloud.
Content Management and Archiving Segment
Documentum xCP is an applications composition platform that provides fully integrated technologies, development and deployment tools, as well as application accelerators enabling customers to build and deploy case processing solutions. The Information Access products help connect information with people and consist of ApplicationXtender, Captiva, CenterStage, Document Sciences, Media Workspace, and My Documentum.
RSA Information Security Segment
This segment delivers products, packaged solutions and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMC CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMC CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMC CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMC CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMC CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EMC Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EMC Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EMC Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EMC Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EMC Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. EMC CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMC CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMC CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMC CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMC CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMC CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EMC Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EMC Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EMC Corporation Major Shareholders
EMC Corporation History
EMC Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EMC Corporation Offices and Representations
EMC Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EMC Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EMC Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
EMC Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
EMC Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EMC Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EMC Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EMC Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
EMC Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
EMC Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EMC Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EMC Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?